Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D220 Pro from the inside.
Photo 
Here is how the D220 Pro looks from inside, found these at:

http://hifireview.com.hk/20170418/devial...t-440-pro/

This is interesting, because it does appear that there are different designs for the ADH board

The first picture is from Devialet's website, the lower pictures are supposedly a 1000Pro and O'dA respectively:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Exactly! I thought the only difference was the case work. But it seems that the ADH boards are completely different.
Some differences in the power suppliers can also be seen.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
You are right. I guess you get what you pay for.
Or the actual production versions of the 250/1000Pro look the same as these?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I have done some detective work....

Antoine's bad luck in having to open his 250Pro (upgrade) is our good fortune, as he took a photograph:

The above picture shows two things of interest.

Firstly, the power supply looks pretty much identical to the one in the 220Pro picture at the start of this thread.  So it looks as if some of the 1000Pro pictures, including the one I posted earlier, are most likely pre-production pictures, indicating a power supply with slightly more components.

Secondly, the ADH board on the 250Pro is designated rev6.01/6L.  The ADH picture on Devialet's website, and some other 1000Pro pictures on line, also show 6.01/6L, see picture below.

The 220 Pro ADH board per the first picture in this thread is designated rev6.022/4L  (could 6.022 refer to version 6 ADH for 220, or maybe just coincidence?)

The O'dA ADH board is designated rev6.0, presumably the very first of the V6 specification ADH boards?

Make of it what you will......
From what I remember, the Od'A had a newly designed A and D amplifier. Then, when Devialet had to come up with some sort of solution for a problem they had to miniaturise the ADH amp for the Phantom, they found out that the solution they had found would work really well in the Expert as well. So they made the 1000Pro.

I know Guillaume was told both Od'A and 1000Pro should sound the same but that was way after i remember reading the Phantom/1000Pro story. Anyway, by Christmas everyone will own a 1000Pro. Problem solved.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(31-Aug-2017, 08:46)Pim van Vliet Wrote: .... by Christmas everyone will own a 1000Pro.

So the latest Devialet tagline really will come true....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(31-Aug-2017, 20:56)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(31-Aug-2017, 08:46)Pim van Vliet Wrote: .... by Christmas everyone will own a 1000Pro.

So the latest Devialet tagline really will come true....

I sort of meant everyone who owns an Original d' Atelier  Undecided
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.