Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The WoW moments
(05-Sep-2017, 20:53)yabaVR Wrote: Yes, the wOw moments...
Years ago I had a decent system (thought I had Wink ) and when it got dark and I'd time on my own to listen to music I sat down on the couch in the dark (eyes closed) and listened to my favourite music. It took me 10 to 15 min to get into this meditative state of conciousness where the brain at a certain moment snaped into the music and the listening room around me just faded away. I like these wow moments because it really is like a lucid dream where you can walk around and you are fully aware you are dreaming. It was like walking between the musicians...nice.

Recently with my D it is much easier to get into this state of 'being there'...it's a question of seconds to be 'there' but getting your thoughts out of the way is not so easy nowadays compared to the past. But if you can make it, it's like fueling energy by listening to music. I love it.

gui

Great post! This is what it is all about enjoying music and a good, pleasuring music reproduction system. I'm enjoying mine right now, as you described it. Wow!
Recently with my D it is much easier to get into this state of 'being there'...it's a question of seconds to be 'there' but getting your thoughts out of the way is not so easy nowadays compared to the past. But if you can make it, it's like fueling energy by listening to music. I love it.

gui

Hi gui

Experienced that one can increase a kind of energy flow when listen to music. Just pick the right track and volume. Have tried to turn the music down during daytime to a volume more used in the evenings. Sometimes it's easier to attain a state of flow with lower music.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède
@Jonas

Yes, there is always the right volume for every track/album and time/mood.
And what is so special about my D is the fact that it can transport these tiny little acoustics/details in a voice or instrument that makes you shiver and gives emotions.
If you e.g. listen to Eva Cassidy and here marvelous voice it's only with my D that I can hear this special timbre in here voice that gives you these energies.
I call it 'timetunnel performance' when emotions of a singer/player reaches to you back from the past through a 'dead' bits&bytes (just think of it) and you're taken away.
It's nothing rationale in that moment...it's pure joy.

gui
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin
(05-Sep-2017, 20:53)yabaVR Wrote: Yes, the wOw moments...
Years ago I had a decent system (thought I had Wink ) and when it got dark and I'd time on my own to listen to music I sat down on the couch in the dark (eyes closed) and listened to my favourite music. It took me 10 to 15 min to get into this meditative state of conciousness where the brain at a certain moment snaped into the music and the listening room around me just faded away. I like these wow moments because it really is like a lucid dream where you can walk around and you are fully aware you are dreaming. It was like walking between the musicians...nice.

gui

Exactly, that is the state which I was "trying" to describe when I started this thread. I also completely agree that the D plays a very fundamental role in the ease of experiencing those moments of WoW. Honestly, I have never owned an amplifier which makes the slightest changes in the signal chain so apparent and removes any perceived limitations for SQ improvement. I remember my D dealer telling me that before I buy a new set of speakers, or any other component, I should purchase a good amplifier. How right he was ...
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
(05-Sep-2017, 22:10)yabaVR Wrote: @Jonas

Yes, there is always the right volume for every track/album and time/mood.
And what is so special about my D is the fact that it can transport these tiny little acoustics/details in a voice or instrument that makes you shiver and gives emotions.
If you e.g. listen to Eva Cassidy and here marvelous voice it's only with my D that I can hear this special timbre in here voice that gives you these energies.
I call it 'timetunnel performance' when emotions of a singer/player reaches to you back from the past through a 'dead' bits&bytes (just think of it) and you're taken away.
It's nothing rationale in that moment...it's pure joy.

gui

In those moments one seam to connect to the coherent energies of our favourite artists. Their whole bodies and souls interact with the musicians and we experience the wholeness like something more than the parts. Perhaps that is why many people react so emotionally when their favourite artists pass away. It feels like something is lost inside, something from somebody we appreciated very much. Almost like a dear friend. However I think the track we are on is leading to much deeper insights about ourselves and the reality beyond superficial things.
Tidal --> New brand streamer/dac/preamp --> InterM R500Plus monoblocks --> Intelligent Sound Double 12 --> fractal cables --> La Suède