Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOtM ISO-CAT6
I've read of several products by SOtM used together with the various Expert models, with good results. I'm running JRiver MC on my PC with a German audiophile CAT7+ cable (by Neyton) going through the router (ASUS DSL N66U) to my Devialet 200. Would a LAN filter between the router and the Dev bring an improvement and has anyone experimented with the SOtM ISO-CAT6?

Thanks for your comments!
Devialet 440 Pro C.I., Innuos Zen Mk3, Origin Live Calypso with Illustrious arm and Soundsmith Zephyr cartridge, KEF Reference 3, Vertere speaker cables and interconnects, 2 Nanotech 309 power cables for the 440, GigaWatt power strip and cables
I'll get the popcorn....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(02-Sep-2017, 14:53)Hifi_swlon Wrote: I'll get the popcorn....
and the beers?.....
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(02-Sep-2017, 15:26)Jean-Marie Wrote:
and the beers?.....

Not sure about the beer and popcorn reference but just to say that I had a loan of the ISO-CAT6 filter, running it between an iMac and a SMS-200, feeding a D400, and found real benefits, just the cost stopped me going down that route. I have removed the complexity (noise) of a switch or router but still found noticeable (and unexpected) improvements in detail etc.
Innuos Statement, D1000 Pro CI, Shunyata Denali, Alpha v2, Delta v2 and Venom NR12 power cords, Sigma v1 speaker cables, Omega USB, PMC IB2se, Townshend Isolation Podiums.

Marantz SR7012, OPPO BDP 105D, PMC OB1s (Rears), PMC Twenty C (Centre).

South East Wales, UK

I'm not sure about the popcorn reference either but I've had good results using an Etalon ethernet  isolator. I assume the SOtM works in a similar way. 

Rufus was here when we first tested it and was quite impressed I think, although I'll let him chime in.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Well yes - Guillaume got the Etalon isolator in the post just before we were going to start testing hybrid interconnects on the O'dA. I have to admit I was a little bit sceptical as I've found these things tend to be subtle at best. My hearing's not as good as it used to be either so I was expecting to be a bit disappointed.
Well the moment the Etalon was in place I could tell there was a difference, and it seemed to get a little better after maybe 1/2 an hour or an hour or so. I have to admit I can't actually remember how it improved though (!) - I think everything was just calmer, lower noise floor, easier to make out instruments etc., but I vaguely recall it seemed a bit more lively too? I was so struck with it that the thought did cross my mind that this was a decent investment, and considering what a tightwad I am that's high praise.
Hello, have found in the net a page, which provides some background knowledge about LAN / USB isolators!
Even with measurements !! Rolleyes

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...ator.1869/

http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/I...hernet.htm
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(03-Sep-2017, 16:50)K4680 Wrote: Hello, have found in the net a page, which provides some background knowledge about LAN / USB isolators!
Even with measurements !! Rolleyes

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum...ator.1869/

http://www.thewelltemperedcomputer.com/I...hernet.htm

Interesting and enlightening.
When testing new devices, sometimes it's very difficult to hear the difference and that´s when the suggestion tell us lies.
Nothing like undoing doubts through facts.
(03-Sep-2017, 19:37)BoyScout Wrote: Nothing like undoing doubts through facts.

Except, people that heard a positive change will then just say the wrong things are being measured, so we're back to not knowing either way. Very, very few people have the knowledge, experience, desire, and kit to test this stuff and provide concrete results. I wish a respected company like dCS would undertake a study and publish the results, but of course they won't.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Im using this ISO-CAT6, with good impression combined with usage of SoTM products.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljt4TYwZiG8
QNAP 453A(Roon Core Lifetime)->SOtM SMS200->Devialet 250 Expert Pro(Graditech Vioma 1)->Boenicke W8