Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOtM ISO-CAT6
(01-Sep-2017, 21:09)Digitalhead Wrote: I've read of several products by SOtM used together with the various Expert models, with good results. I'm running JRiver MC on my PC with a German audiophile CAT7+ cable (by Neyton) going through the router (ASUS DSL N66U) to my Devialet 200. Would a LAN filter between the router and the Dev bring an improvement and has anyone experimented with the SOtM ISO-CAT6?

Thanks for your comments!

I am using the ISO-Cat6 with good results as well. It was subtle at first with darker background and cleaner upper mids and highs. Let it run for a few weeks to let it break in, but never really heard a change. Until I took it out of the line up. That's when you hear what it was doing. Is it worth the $350 I spent, probably not, but now I can't deal with the sound without it. 

If you are running ethernet straight or through a switch, you need something to clean the noise a little. I'm sure there will be better products down the road with ethernet becoming more of a standard. I know JCAT(JPLAY) has an audiophile network card to cut the noise at the source. If you have a full size PC running your tunes, you might want to check the out. Right now mine is a laptop, so I cannot comment on performance. I sure would like to hear the difference it makes though.
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)