Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connection Dialog > Phantom Gold
Hi,

I assume the Dialog connects to the Phantoms using AirPlay by Bluetooth and not WiFi. Is there a way to hardwire the Phantoms to the LAN, or at least make Dialog connect by WiFi?

I am playing from Roon and see that e.g. 48 KHz / 24 bit music is converted to CD quality. Is this a must for AirPlay or a peculiarity of Bluetooth?

Please forgive my perhaps naive questions, but I am new to the Phantom world.
Sorry, my mistake. After extensively searching the "backside" of my Phantom I found an ethernet connection. It is really well hidden and you must turn it upside down to see it in fact.
(04-Sep-2017, 16:53)Mohmm Wrote: Hi,

I assume the Dialog connects to the Phantoms using AirPlay by Bluetooth and not WiFi. Is there a way to hardwire the Phantoms to the LAN, or at least make Dialog connect by WiFi?

I am playing from Roon and see that e.g. 48 KHz / 24 bit music is converted to CD quality. Is this a must for AirPlay or a peculiarity of Bluetooth?

Dialog can connect to Phantom by WiFi. You can see if the connection is PLC, Wifi or ethernet in Spark, in the devices menu.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(05-Sep-2017, 06:46)ragwo Wrote:
(04-Sep-2017, 16:53)Mohmm Wrote: Hi,

Dialog can connect to Phantom by WiFi. You can see if the connection is PLC, Wifi or ethernet in Spark, in the devices menu.

Right, got it, thanks.