Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with firmware update D400
Hello all,

I just bought a brand new D400 from a local dealer. It is now up and running and producing glorious sound. 

While customizing my configuration on the Devialet website, I noticed that the most recent firmware is v10.1.0 while my amps are running v8.1.3. I assume there would be some benefits to updating to the current version.

I tried to do the update following the procedure described on the "support" pages of the devialet site. After dowloading and decompressing the package, I got a directory "10.1.0/FW 10.1.0/*.hex" where *.hex stands for a bunch of hex files.

At that point I found that the instructions were not clear on the following issues:

1) Does the update need to be applied only to the master amp or to both the master and the slave?

2) What should I write exactly on the SD card: 
   a) the whole tree mentioned above "10.1.0/FW 10.1.0/*.hex"
   b) the subtree "FW 10.1.0/*.hex"
   c) only the hex files "*.hex"

I tried the following:
   - Update the master amp only. Done by switching the amps off, replacing the master's config card with a card containing only the firmware files.
   - To that end, I tried in turn 2a, 2b and 2c

None of the above was successful. The master amp would immediately fall back on its factory configuration (namely a generic D200), ignoring the SD card altogether.

Thanks in advance for your help with this update procedure,

Pierre
Hello and welcome!

1. The update needs the applied to both the master and the companion (salve).

2. To your SD card copy all the files in the "FW 10.1.0" directory, you copy them to the root of the SD Card.

3. With the Devialet turned off, insert the SD card into the Devialet. Then turn on the Devialet.

There after you shut down the Devialet with updated firmware, re-insert the SD card with your configuration and power back on the Devialet. Again you need to do this for master and companion.

Note after updating the firmware you need to put back into each Devialet the SD cards which contain your configuration file that you made from the online configurator. 

So to be clear, I have one SD card which has the latest firmware which is used to update the master and the companion.

I have two SD cards, one for master and one for companion that contain their respective configurations.

Here is the instructions from the Devialet site, are these the one's you are referring to?

Here is how to update your internal software of your Devialet:

First of all, you can verify if your Devialet needs to be updated. To check the firmware version:

Do a long press (2 seconds) on the Devialet remote Tone button. The Information Menu will be displayed on the Devialet screen.

Do a short press on Tone button. The software information will be displayed. The "IHM" will be the version

To update with the latest firmware version:

Visit Devialet website at www.devialet.com
Click on « Login »  on the top right menu
Enter your e-mail and password and click on  « Sign in »
Once logged to My Maison Online, the first tab « My software » lists the latest version of the Devialet firmware
Click on «Download »
A archive folder (.zip) including all the firmware files will start downloading.

Unzip the folder

Remove the SD-Card from the Devialet. Make sure the SD-Card is not in « locked » position

Insert the SD-Card in your computer and empty it from any file

Copy / paste or drag and drop all the files you have just unzipped to the root menu of the SD-Card.

IMPORTANT: You should have 16 files on the SD Card, all in the root menu of your SD Card and no folder (excluding the PDF file)

Eject the SD-Card from your computer.

Insert the SD-Card in your Devialet

Unplug / Plug the power supply or do a long press (5 seconds) on the front button to reset the Devialet.

The upgrade should start automatically without pressing any key. When the upgrading process is complete, the display will indicate "Upgrade successful, press front button »
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Sorry to be a nuisance, and baddog has covered all the points, but I have 18 files in my 10.1.0. 15 x hex and the 3 x .txt which appear to be about the D Premier.

The new Devialet site is not helpful if you are new to the monoblocks.
@ovo - You are correct - 18 files total, 15 end with a .hex extension and the other 3 are .txt files. The re-design of the Devialet site makes it hard to locate stuff, took me five minutes to find the configurator.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(04-Sep-2017, 17:49)pisabell Wrote: Hello all,

I just bought a brand new D400 from a local dealer. It is now up and running and producing glorious sound. 

While customizing my configuration on the Devialet website, I noticed that the most recent firmware is v10.1.0 while my amps are running v8.1.3. I assume there would be some benefits to updating to the current version.

I tried to do the update following the procedure described on the "support" pages of the devialet site. After dowloading and decompressing the package, I got a directory "10.1.0/FW 10.1.0/*.hex" where *.hex stands for a bunch of hex files.

At that point I found that the instructions were not clear on the following issues:

1) Does the update need to be applied only to the master amp or to both the master and the slave?

2) What should I write exactly on the SD card: 
   a) the whole tree mentioned above "10.1.0/FW 10.1.0/*.hex"
   b) the subtree "FW 10.1.0/*.hex"
   c) only the hex files "*.hex"

I tried the following:
   - Update the master amp only. Done by switching the amps off, replacing the master's config card with a card containing only the firmware files.
   - To that end, I tried in turn 2a, 2b and 2c

None of the above was successful. The master amp would immediately fall back on its factory configuration (namely a generic D200), ignoring the SD card altogether.

Thanks in advance for your help with this update procedure,

Pierre

Hi Pierre

I hope you have your D400 up and running and are enjoying music!

It may interest you to hear that I for one have found that the recent firmware updates did not improve the sound from my D400. In fact quite the opposite. I have actually gone back to version 8:1 which I find much better in all respects. This may be system related but it is possible that the recent updates are more suited to Pro than non pro models.

It may be worth trying if you have got the hang of the procedure!

H
D440 Pro, Auralic Aries G1, Project Xtension 10, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Esoteric SA-50, Sonus Faber Olympica II, Audioquest cables. Mutec MC-3 + USB.