Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent basic CD transport?
(17-Jan-2015, 18:26)Tony Wrote: Not really cheap, but built like a brick !"££$%%%! and fantastic sound (but I would say that as I use one)... Chord Blu

a brick indeed Smile  but i learned that in audiophile world it is never about the looks. 
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(17-Jan-2015, 18:26)Tony Wrote: Not really cheap, but built like a brick !"££$%%%! and fantastic sound (but I would say that as I use one)... Chord Blu

I endorse this, I have a Chord Blu too. I bought it in case my Goldmund Mimesis 36+ becomes non-repairable and was delighted how good it sounded (but it is not often in use whilst the Goldmund lives and breaths). It is exquisitely made.

About 20 years or so ago I bought a Mimesis 36 which to my total disbelief sounded better than the other transports on demo (a very expensive belt drive Japanese model and a very expensive Mark Levinson). As an engineer I expected the transports to be the same. I had to repeat the comparison several times before I believed what I was hearing.

When I went to hear the Mimesis 36+ the dealer had 6 of the top model Levinson (the typical high end recommendation at the time) on his secondhand shelf taken in PX against Goldmund Mimesis 36s.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(11-Jan-2015, 10:38)howlindawg Wrote: The Project CD Box works well as a transport with the Devialet.
It's quiet, responsive and has a very legible display.
It's also very good value for money.

I just got the CD box RS and I am quite impressed. Sound quality is great with SPIF and AES3. I might have to test a better AES cable! The only aspect I do not like is its display, there is no off option!
I wonder if getting the linear powersupply is worth it?
[quote pid='8838' dateline='1421646002']
I just got the CD box RS and I am quite impressed. Sound quality is great with SPIF and AES3. I might have to test a better AES cable! The only aspect I do not like is its display, there is no off option!
I wonder if getting the linear powersupply is worth it?
[/quote]

The model I had was the DS and the display could be dimmed by pressing the stop and track forward buttons together.
I can't remember whether it can be turned off completely as I really liked its big, clear, legible display.
I'm Martin

Devialet D400 Expert, Focal Diablo Utopia III Colour, Bluesound Vault 2i, Meridian CDT, Technics 1210 M5G + Oyaide Platter and Stabiliser, Audionote Tonearm, Blue Angel Mantis MC
In the CD Box RS is not possible dimmed the display unfortunately.

Does anyone has the linear powersupply? Is noticeable sound enhancement?
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
I would suggest a Moon260D Cd Transport. I Love it.
Devialet 220 Pro / Wilson Benesch Vertex / Linn LP12 / Crystal Cable Crystalspeak Piccolo Diamond / Audioquest Vodka Ethernet / Roon / The Netherlands
For anyone wanting to listen to sacd discs as well, I bought an MSB universal transport (based on oppo bdp-93) and works very well. The sound with dsd output equalled my Krell evo-505 sacd player, which says a lot for the MSB as well as the devialet dac.
For anyone wanting to listen to sacd discs as well, MSB universal transport (based on oppo bdp-93) works very well. The sound with dsd output equalled my Krell evo-505 sacd player, which says a lot for the MSB as well as the devialet dac.
Hi,

Cambridge Audios

Cambridge Audio CXC

might be an option for you:

http://www.whathifi.com/cambridge-audio/cxc/review

Regards

(14-Nov-2014, 22:07)GRC Wrote: Hi all - first post (on this forum) so be gentle and point me to any threads that cover my question if it's already been done.

I'm considering replacing my Naim (Olive Series) CDX / XPX / NAC52 / Supercap / NAP135 with a Devialet 120 or 200.  Most of our listening is now streamed through SB Touch clients but we have the requirement for occasional CD playback, so I'm wondering what basic but half-decent CD transport I could connect up to one of the digital inputs.  

Obviously, it doesn't need a DAC and - frankly - serious "audiophile" credentials are probably not necessary.  At the risk of appearing sexist, it's mainly for my wife when she just wants to play something I haven't ripped or just wants to load a CD and press <play> rather than fire up the server, wait for it to boot and sync with the various clients, find an i-Thing, load iPeng, mess with wi-fi issues etc. etc.

Does this make sense?  Any suggestions?

Thanks.
---
Devialet Expert 220 pro (Upgrade from LE 120), SAM on (100%), DPM off
USB
Macbook Air (4GB RAM), 2TB SSD via Thunderbolt
Audirvana+ 3.x in iTunes-Mode
KEF LS50
Russ Andrews YellO Power to wall socket
Russ Andrews X6 Block
(25-Aug-2015, 16:12)themis Wrote: For anyone wanting to listen to sacd discs as well, I bought an MSB universal transport (based on oppo bdp-93) and works very well. The sound with dsd output equalled my Krell evo-505 sacd player, which says a lot for the MSB as well as the devialet dac.

Hello Themis, I have a Devialet 250 with a CEC TL-2X Transport in use and would like to play SACDs. Therefore your post was interesting me. But I have some doubt: Is it definitely right, that you can give the DSD-Stream from an SACD read by your MSB UT to the Devialet - bye XLR, for example (so do I with my CEC)? My question has it's background in the information I read in a german HIFI Magazine (I am from Germany too), that the MSB UT only works  as SACD-Transport combined with a MSB-DAC. Thanks, To