Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR
Shame the unplugging trick doesn't work in your setup btw.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(08-Sep-2017, 13:18)kerkhoffd Wrote: My brother uses one too. Like you inbetween master and companion, and has no trouble. His cable in my setup works too,

This is interesting ... Is it a RCA to AES termination ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
The issues I had were very intermittent and only happened with the hybrid cables, although not with the Audioprana one.

I didn't pay much attention to the sample rate of the material, perhaps there was a link there?

I may revisit this soon and report back. It's odd that a cable could work one minute and not the next making me think there might be a problem at the Devialet end.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
If the cable works at lower sample rates but doesn't work (reliably) at higher sample rates, it sounds to me as though the cable might be causing signal integrity problems that stop the Dev's receiver working properly. At least, I'd suspect the cable is more likely to be pushing things out of spec than the Devialet itself.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(08-Sep-2017, 17:58)audio_engr Wrote:
(08-Sep-2017, 13:18)kerkhoffd Wrote: My brother uses one too. Like you inbetween master and companion, and has no trouble. His cable in my setup works too,

Yes it is.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(08-Sep-2017, 20:02)thumb5 Wrote: If the cable works at lower sample rates but doesn't work (reliably) at higher sample rates, it sounds to me as though the cable might be causing signal integrity problems that stop the Dev's receiver working properly.  At least, I'd suspect the cable is more likely to be pushing things out of spec than the Devialet itself.

That's what I was thinking too. If I were a cable manufacturer and my cables weren't working 100% of the time I would be quite embarrassed. After all, the higher end the cable is, the better it should let the signal through. If it makes the signal worse, then how can the cable be 'better'?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(08-Sep-2017, 22:12)kerkhoffd Wrote:
(08-Sep-2017, 17:58)audio_engr Wrote:

Yes it is.

Now that I see that the AQ Diamond RCA-AES works, the most important question that crops to my mind is "whether that working Diamond is a 75-ohm or a 110-ohm cable ?"

By the way, could I request you if you could ask your brother to check that 24/192 signals are perfectly ok with it or not ? Thanks in advance !!
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(09-Sep-2017, 03:01)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(08-Sep-2017, 20:02)thumb5 Wrote: If the cable works at lower sample rates but doesn't work (reliably) at higher sample rates, it sounds to me as though the cable might be causing signal integrity problems that stop the Dev's receiver working properly.  At least, I'd suspect the cable is more likely to be pushing things out of spec than the Devialet itself.

That's what I was thinking too. If I were a cable manufacturer and my cables weren't working 100% of the time I would be quite embarrassed. After all, the higher end the cable is, the better it should let the signal through. If it makes the signal worse, then how can the cable be 'better'?

It is sad that a stellar manufacturer like AQ with a robust & extremely successful product like "Diamond" thats been in existence since 1993 (those days as X2 & X3) doesn't have clarity towards correct impedance selection (75 or 110) when they cater for Devialet owners ... 

As reported by "kerrhoffd", its functioning perfectly ...
(09-Sep-2017, 09:42)audio_engr Wrote:
(09-Sep-2017, 03:01)Pim van Vliet Wrote:

It is sad that a stellar manufacturer like AQ with a robust & extremely successful product like "Diamond" thats been in existence since 1993 (those days as X2 & X3) doesn't have clarity towards correct impedance selection (75 or 110) when they cater for Devialet owners ... 

Will be visiting him tomorrow and will check for you ofcourse. Listened to his set for prolonged time, but will make sure I will channel back his experience to you. As my brother ofcourse has the most hours of listening done. I know his Diamond uses a 75 Ohm cable which is terminated RCA-AES.

The Netherlands
(09-Sep-2017, 20:26)kerkhoffd Wrote:
(09-Sep-2017, 09:42)audio_engr Wrote:
(09-Sep-2017, 03:01)Pim van Vliet Wrote: That's what I was thinking too. If I were a cable manufacturer and my cables weren't working 100% of the time I would be quite embarrassed. After all, the higher end the cable is, the better it should let the signal through. If it makes the signal worse, then how can the cable be 'better'?

Will be visiting him tomorrow and will check for you ofcourse. Listened to his set for prolonged time, but will make sure I will channel back his experience to you. As my brother ofcourse has the most hours of listening done. I know his Diamond uses a 75 Ohm cable which is terminated RCA-AES.

Thank you in advance ...  One of the most important news you have already given here (marked in Red).