Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet wifi dropping
Hi all

I have exhausted my own knowledge limits and humbly seek advise from the experts please.

Scenario:
I have a D220 in my lounge which serves as my listening room. My iMac (core i5 Late 2013) as well as wifi access point is in the study right in the room next door (about 10 meters in distance from D220 to wifi access point). The music is on an external HDD connected to the iMac via USB and controlled via Roon. The Devialet runs firmware 10.1.0 and I have the latest version of Roon installed.

My problem is that the D220 drops the wifi after about 30 seconds of connecting to it. After about a minute it reconnects and then 30 seconds later it drops the connection again. I have tried DHCP both on and off but the problem remains the same. 

In a last ditched effort to attempt to find the issue, I replaced my router and access point (D-link DU2500 and Airport Extreme combo) with a relatively expensive Asus AC68U. Wifi reception has definitely improved across the house but the D220 issue remains unresolved. The D220 shows 4 bars of wifi strength on the display.

I have been using a little Acer laptop running as a Roon Remote (connected to the iMac server via wifi) connected to the D220 via USB before with no wifi issues. I would really like to use Air though.

I have no ethernet infrastructure in my house and laying ethernet will be a real pain in the behind and the wife acceptance factor of cables against the wall a big problem. In South Africa we have brick houses (so no dry walls allowing easy cabling inside the walls).

Words of wisdom will be appreciated.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(10-Sep-2017, 09:58)Drifter Wrote: Hi all

I have exhausted my own knowledge limits and humbly seek advise from the experts please.

Scenario:
I have a D220 in my lounge which serves as my listening room. My iMac (core i5 Late 2013) as well as wifi access point is in the study right in the room next door (about 10 meters in distance from D220 to wifi access point). The music is on an external HDD connected to the iMac via USB and controlled via Roon. The Devialet runs firmware 10.1.0 and I have the latest version of Roon installed.

My problem is that the D220 drops the wifi after about 30 seconds of connecting to it. After about a minute it reconnects and then 30 seconds later it drops the connection again. I have tried DHCP both on and off but the problem remains the same. 

In a last ditched effort to attempt to find the issue, I replaced my router and access point (D-link DU2500 and Airport Extreme combo) with a relatively expensive Asus AC68U. Wifi reception has definitely improved across the house but the D220 issue remains unresolved. The D220 shows 4 bars of wifi strength on the display.

I have been using a little Acer laptop running as a Roon Remote (connected to the iMac server via wifi) connected to the D220 via USB before with no wifi issues. I would really like to use Air though.

I have no ethernet infrastructure in my house and laying ethernet will be a real pain in the behind and the wife acceptance factor of cables against the wall a big problem. In South Africa we have brick houses (so no dry walls allowing easy cabling inside the walls).

Words of wisdom will be appreciated.

Hello Drifter

I never had much success using the Devialet WiFi, but I have found that by using Powerline extenders I can get rock-solid Ethernet all over the house without needing to install new cables. There will be folk who say that this has a negative effect on sound quality, but personally, I can't say I have noticed. It's a cheap and easy solution to try, anyway.

Good luck
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
You can plug a wifi dongle into the back. I use a TP-Link TL-WR802N in the back of my Melco, though it could go straight into a Devialet. Range is much better than the Devialet wireless was in my D200.
I use an old apple airport extreme as a wireless extender. Even though this sits about a foot away from the devialet, I would get occasional drop outs on a wireless connection. I now connect directly from the extreme to the devialet via ethernet and it 'just works'. It may work for you too.
(Marantz cd7 || Linn-Lyra Kleos || Naim NAT01 || Roon Rock) -> DM CI -> Magico S5, with various wires interceding, mostly Transparent, the rest Opaque, I suppose
Thanks Gents

I'll try a wifi extender with ethernet port i.e. plug the wifi extender in at the wall socket close to the Devialet and then hook the D220 up to the ethernet port thereby creating a "psuedo" ethernet connection.
I hope it works.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa