Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When the OdA free upgrade program will Kick Off ????
On 31 Dec I placed the order to upgraded to Core Infinity, and received an email from a Judith on the same day:

I'm happy to include you among the pioneers of Core Infinity. Here are some steps how to access infinity:

1. Pack your Expert Pro system and remote, without neither power cord nor SD card.
2. You will soon receive an email from me. Print the delivery note attached and attach it to the edge of the overpack of the box.
3. A call from DHL will follow to arrange the pickup.
4. You will receive an email confirming the arrival of your Expert Pro system in our workshops.
5. Our engineers will install the Core Infinity card in your Expert Pro system within 15 business days.
6. Once the functional tests have been carried out, your Expert Pro system will leave our workshops and we will send you the carrier tracking number by email.
7. Discover your Expert Pro system with Core Infinity, the revolutionary electronic core for Expert Pro.

And I received 2 shipping boxes from France yesterday, delivered by UPS. I guess this is the step 0 that was missing above. This morning, packed my OdA in and now waiting for step 2.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
@zzzap . How did you go? Did you have to pay the tax or did you talk them out off it?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(06-Jan-2018, 21:35)Pim Wrote: @zzzap . How did you go? Did you have to pay the tax or did you talk them out off it?

I paid the tax myself after consulting Devialet. This is from them from today: "Paris team is now working on refunding your assistance in paying the duty and tax."
(08-Jan-2018, 05:11)zzzap Wrote:
(06-Jan-2018, 21:35)Pim Wrote: @zzzap . How did you go? Did you have to pay the tax or did you talk them out off it?

I paid the tax myself after consulting Devialet. This is from them from today: "Paris team is now working on refunding your assistance in paying the duty and tax."

Weird. I had a look at my account the other day and there’s an invoice for zero dollars there. As this upgrade is ( sort of) part of the initial purchase price, the tax office shouldn’t be able to charge you anything. 

Good luck in getting your money back.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Pim / zzzap

Same here.

In my Devialet account it shows an invoice, but zero $. Realise mine is only the CI upgrade, but when I had my D-Premiers upgraded to Pro's last year (which were sent back to France) I didn't have to pay additional cost when they arrived back in Aus (costing was pre-set for upgrade, all encompassing).

Sounds like Devialet didn't have their ducks in a row for the O'dA upgrade, but had them in place for the Pro upgrades Huh
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)