Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vandersteen Treo CT
I was just wondering if anyone is running the Vandersteen Treo CT's with their Devialet?

More so, if anyone is running them with an Expert Pro 130?

They seem to be a perfect fit for my room, SQ wants, and budget, but would really like to hear from you guys about these speakers.

Thanks!
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
(11-Sep-2017, 22:23)MIO2013 Wrote: I was just wondering if anyone is running the Vandersteen Treo CT's with their Devialet?

More so, if anyone is running them with an Expert Pro 130?

They seem to be a perfect fit for my room, SQ wants, and budget, but would really like to hear from you guys about these speakers.

Thanks!

Just looked at a couple of reviews and they were both very positive. I did notice that they are not very sensitive at 86bB, so you'd need to audition them with a 130. There don't seem to be any dealers in the U.K., which is a shame, because I would have loved to have heard a pair when I was making my recent upgrade. Typically though, I only found out about them after the event. Good luck, I hope they suit you. Tell us how you get on.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks Axel for getting back to me.

I agree, the 86db does sound kind of buff, but the Devialet is buffer. As you read through some of the reviews, they have 120's running Megapan's with ease. I'm not really gonna worry about that. My speakers are sealed cabs now, and the Devialet has no problem with them. I usually run between -20bd and -17db. -15db ends up being way too loud for my room.

I am also thinking about taking my Devialet with me when I audition the Vandersteens. If the place will let me.

BTW... took a look at your system in the pictures forum. A little jealous Man...
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
I was running Dynaudio Contour 1.3SEs when I got my Expert 130 Pro and it handled them better than my previous NAD M3 did, despite having a lower output rating than the NAD. The Contour 1.3SEs are rated at 85 dB sensitivity and tests I've seen rated them a couple of dB lower than that. I normally ran the 130 at somewhere around -15 to -10 dB with them.

Definitely try the Treos with the 130.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia