Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(21-Oct-2017, 09:47)maxijazz Wrote: Next message from Devialet: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...tober-20th

I was talking on Thursday with customer support and they were not yet aware of that external WiFi antenna but then could confirm it! I was told that my Pro will not travel to Paris but for US customers the upgrade will be done in the US. I am quite happy about that as it would prevent all the problems I had with shipping delays, customs etc.
so...it's November 4th...anyone received the email and directions to send your D to the factory?
Not here, just an offer for the Devialet Phantom Elevate.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(04-Nov-2017, 17:27)baddog Wrote: Not here, just an offer for the Devialet Phantom Elevate.

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(04-Nov-2017, 19:04)disarmamant Wrote:
(04-Nov-2017, 17:27)baddog Wrote: Not here, just an offer for the Devialet Phantom Elevate.

+1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same
Think they'll make the revised deadline...this coming Tuesday, November 7th?   I must admit to some cynicism.
Is there chance that Devialet will also up the wattage of our Expert Pros when installing the core infinity board? My Expert 120 was surprisingly raised toa 130 through a software update, and it would be a nice gesture if my 220 Expert Pro were raised at the moment of upgrade.
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY
One thing I am not going to do is speculate on if Devialet will actually send any actual invites or other meaningful email correspondence next week, November 7th is only a couple of days away after all, we shall see.  One thing is clear, the Core Infinity upgrade scheme is now stuttering into life.  Some O'dA owners have been notified and I have heard of at least two dealers that have been asked to send their shop demo units back to have the boards installed.  So things have started.  Then we have the question of an updated configurator and other software that the new board will need.  With respect to this, I found this buried deep in the Twittersphere:

Replying to @QuentinSannie
How is the Core Infinity configurator and software progressing?  Will it be available this year?

Quentin Sannié‏ @QuentinSannie  19h
We are working hard on these developments. A question of weeks.

So there we have it, a question of weeks.  Although I think the real question is how how many weeks, could be two, could be a hundred.  In fairness to Mr Sannie, at least he has answered and to be honest it is generally impossible to get software developers to commit to deadlines, even talented software teams like the Roon guys steadfastly refuse to commit to dates, deadlines, roadmaps or anything else.  I can even imagine Quentin Sannie himself asking his software team for specific dates and not getting a clear answer.  How to interpret 'A question of weeks', I would say this means weeks not months, so I would guess 3.9 weeks, something like that.

Personally, I will be glad to get the upgrade done and over with, just so that it is done, but it is starting to look like software delays might prove to be the bigger issue.  Quelle surprise!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
He responded to my tweet too:
https://twitter.com/quentinsannie/status...2799754240
Have heard the launch at 7th November will be difficult - it could be the 11th November

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk