Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(28-Feb-2018, 09:46)wikeeboy Wrote: Hi @Celts88 & @David A

Received this earlier today:

'finished doing the Core Infinity upgrade for Singapore and Malaysia. The NZ and Australian tour is currently in the works with our distributor and the tour should happen very soon, every upgrade being done by the start of April. It has been delayed a bit compared to my first idea but that is for the need of a more stable software.'

More delays. No surprise unfortunately.

Jeremy

I also got an email today from Olivier, saying the same. Good thing for me is that he's coming to Perth (good for us Sandgropers Big Grin ), and they'll be using Douglas Hi-Fi as the location to coordinate the Perth CI upgrades (a small pain to get my Pro's to, but if during the week close enough to the city where I work to call in and have a chat with Olivier).

I asked him about the CI OS software and he said the delay for the next official Release Candidate was waiting for certification approval from Apple (Airplay) & Spotify (Connect). He said they're hoping it will be out soon(ish), but if not we have the option for him to install the latest Beta OS on our upgraded CI's (if not happy with that they'll put on the current Release Candidate).

Hopefully you guys over East will get your upgrades started soon (need a couple of Guinea Pigs, before us Perth guys  Tongue ). Hopefully not too long as I've Spotify Premium on trial until end of March, and will be curious to hear what it sounds like direct via the Pro's (realise Spotify not hi-res, but still useful to try).

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(28-Feb-2018, 09:46)wikeeboy Wrote: Hi @Celts88 & @David A

Received this earlier today:

'finished doing the Core Infinity upgrade for Singapore and Malaysia. The NZ and Australian tour is currently in the works with our distributor and the tour should happen very soon, every upgrade being done by the start of April. It has been delayed a bit compared to my first idea but that is for the need of a more stable software.'

More delays. No surprise unfortunately.

Well, you and John are doing better than me because I've had no advice as yet. If he's going to do all of the Australian/NZ upgrades by the start of April he either doesn't have too many or he's going to be running because it's the start of March tomorrow and that means he's planning on doing it all in less than a month since he obviously isn't in Australia yet.

David
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Got my 220 Pro back today. Apart from UPS missing the first scheduled pickup, everything went very smoothly and door to door it took 10 days including the weekend (and the crappy weather in UK and Europe). Excellent service. Now warming up again nicely.

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
Japan is done, my D250 Pro was away less than 2 weeks and things work perfectly so far (roon air and Airplay).

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Mine was done in Canada by the Distributor (out on Feb 22, back yesterday March 9th) - 30 minutes into listening now.  Sounds great.  Inputs (phono, optical (TV), ethernet (Roon)).  Roon sounds very similar to what it was before (possibly better but audio memory isn't to reliable).  

SQ is (from the day I was first introduced to the D120) - exceptional, enjoyable.  Now with the two D220 Pro CI's playing Master/Slave, don't see it changing unless GAS forces me to upgrade to D1000.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
(10-Mar-2018, 22:06)Jim_Anderson Wrote: Mine was done in Canada by the Distributor (out on Feb 22, back yesterday March 9th) - 30 minutes into listening now.  Sounds great.  Inputs (phono, optical (TV), ethernet (Roon)).  Roon sounds very similar to what it was before (possibly better but audio memory isn't to reliable).  

SQ is (from the day I was first introduced to the D120) - exceptional, enjoyable.  Now with the two D220 Pro CI's playing Master/Slave, don't see it changing unless GAS forces me to upgrade to D1000.

Did you get both 220 Pros updated at the same time?   I've got two 220 Pros that I've been using as a 440 Pro but decided to upgrade them separately.  I have already requested the upgrade on one but will wait on the 2nd so that I can compare before/after.  Many have stated that they feel the Expert Pros sound better after the CI upgrade but my ears would be hard pressed to hear an improvement unless I could directly compare them.

Of course, I requested the first one be updated a week ago via their website and still haven't gotten any response as to when/how/where to send it in.    Is that unusual?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(10-Mar-2018, 22:06)Jim_Anderson Wrote: Mine was done in Canada by the Distributor (out on Feb 22, back yesterday March 9th) - 30 minutes into listening now.  Sounds great.  Inputs (phono, optical (TV), ethernet (Roon)).  Roon sounds very similar to what it was before (possibly better but audio memory isn't to reliable).  

Hi Jim - 

Quick question from a fellow d440 owner who just upgraded as well - which firmware are you using?  I have been using the latest beta and am having difficulties with the phono inputs on the slave and master - digital is sounding great. . 

Thanks! Cheers
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
(11-Mar-2018, 02:30)Spindrift Wrote:

Hi Jim - 

Quick question from a fellow d440 owner who just upgraded as well - which firmware are you using?  I have been using the latest beta and am having difficulties with the phono inputs on the slave and master - digital is sounding great. . 

Thanks! Cheers

@Spindrift
I’m using the latest beta in my 440 Pro CI and the phono input is working perfectly. It might be worth redoing your config to see if it solves the problem. Recently I made an anonymous (without logging in to my account) config from scratch. This had the effect of enabling the pre-outs on my Companion, which I had not been able to do before. From your description it appears that you have your amps linked RCA-RCA, so your setup is slightly different to mine, but it sounds like a config problem.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
So I finally decided to send my 220 away for the CI upgrade, but to my surprise my unit doesn’t have a serial number, at least not in the place specified in the instructions.

I started a support ticket about the matter, so let’s see what Devialet say.
(11-Mar-2018, 10:30)r4bbit Wrote: So I finally decided to send my 220 away for the CI upgrade, but to my surprise my unit doesn’t have a serial number, at least not in the place specified in the instructions.

I started a support ticket about the matter, so let’s see what Devialet say.

It's in the display somewhere. Just walk through the options
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.