Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(11-Mar-2018, 10:31)Pim Wrote:
(11-Mar-2018, 10:30)r4bbit Wrote: So I finally decided to send my 220 away for the CI upgrade, but to my surprise my unit doesn’t have a serial number, at least not in the place specified in the instructions.

I started a support ticket about the matter, so let’s see what Devialet say.

It's in the display somewhere. Just walk through the options

Right you are. Found it – thanks!
(11-Mar-2018, 02:30)Spindrift Wrote:
(10-Mar-2018, 22:06)Jim_Anderson Wrote: Mine was done in Canada by the Distributor (out on Feb 22, back yesterday March 9th) - 30 minutes into listening now.  Sounds great.  Inputs (phono, optical (TV), ethernet (Roon)).  Roon sounds very similar to what it was before (possibly better but audio memory isn't to reliable).  

SQ is (from the day I was first introduced to the D120) - exceptional, enjoyable.  Now with the two D220 Pro CI's playing Master/Slave, don't see it changing unless GAS forces me to upgrade to D1000.

Hi Jim - 

Quick question from a fellow d440 owner who just upgraded as well - which firmware are you using?  I have been using the latest beta and am having difficulties with the phono inputs on the slave and master - digital is sounding great. . 

Thanks! Cheers

I'm using Version 2.1.0 + Firmware 12.1.2 (dated 01/12/2017)

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
Slight hiccup on my testing (only 1 channel is working on Phono - which is master).  Slave is not playing anything (asides some leakage from phono).  Digital is spot on.  Will need to look at the configs again to confirm I did everything correctly.

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spindrift - here is an image of my config. Right channel on Analog (Phono) not working either.  Digital works great.  

Jim

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(11-Mar-2018, 06:18)Axel Wrote:
(11-Mar-2018, 02:30)Spindrift Wrote:
(10-Mar-2018, 22:06)Jim_Anderson Wrote: Mine was done in Canada by the Distributor (out on Feb 22, back yesterday March 9th) - 30 minutes into listening now.  Sounds great.  Inputs (phono, optical (TV), ethernet (Roon)).  Roon sounds very similar to what it was before (possibly better but audio memory isn't to reliable).  

SQ is (from the day I was first introduced to the D120) - exceptional, enjoyable.  Now with the two D220 Pro CI's playing Master/Slave, don't see it changing unless GAS forces me to upgrade to D1000.

Hi Jim - 

Quick question from a fellow d440 owner who just upgraded as well - which firmware are you using?  I have been using the latest beta and am having difficulties with the phono inputs on the slave and master - digital is sounding great. . 

Thanks! Cheers

@Spindrift
I’m using the latest beta in my 440 Pro CI and the phono input is working perfectly. It might be worth redoing your config to see if it solves the problem. Recently I made an anonymous (without logging in to my account) config from scratch.  This had the effect of enabling the pre-outs on my Companion, which I had not been able to do before. From your description it appears that you have your amps linked RCA-RCA, so your setup is slightly different to mine, but it sounds like a config problem.

Hi Axel-

Thanks for the info - so you are using rca to xlr for the companion link?  Obvious answer I know but just checking to be sure. And are you using the phone inputs on the companion or the master?

Thanks in advance!

cheers
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
(11-Mar-2018, 18:07)Jim_Anderson Wrote: Spindrift - here is an image of my config. Right channel on Analog (Phono) not working either.  Digital works great.  

Jim
 Thanks Jim –

I was sort of hoping it might be an issue with the latest beta but since you are using the most recent stable version not sure if it’s a configuration issue or maybe something wrong with the hardware. I will let you know what I find out from Support…

Cheers
Roon/mac mini > hqplayer > sms-200 ultra and MC-3+ USB both clocked via Mutec Ref 10 > MIT Oracle MA-X AES/EBU > D440 > Dynaudio C1 MkII via MIT Matrix HD-60
Good Luck with that,

If you speak to Océane, ask her if this is the same problem she has been trying to fix for me since December 2017.

(Sad face) Old Style
(11-Mar-2018, 21:24)Spindrift Wrote:
(11-Mar-2018, 06:18)Axel Wrote:
(11-Mar-2018, 02:30)Spindrift Wrote: Hi Jim - 

Thanks! Cheers

@Spindrift
I’m using the latest beta in my 440 Pro CI and the phono input is working perfectly. It might be worth redoing your config to see if it solves the problem. Recently I made an anonymous (without logging in to my account) config from scratch.  This had the effect of enabling the pre-outs on my Companion, which I had not been able to do before. From your description it appears that you have your amps linked RCA-RCA, so your setup is slightly different to mine, but it sounds like a config problem.

Hi Axel-

Thanks for the info - so you are using rca to xlr for the companion link?  Obvious answer I know but just checking to be sure. And are you using the phone inputs on the companion or the master?

Thanks in advance!

cheers

Hi @Spindrift
Yes, you are correct. I use the RCA to AES/EBU connections. When you connect them this way, there are only one pair of outputs available on the Companion . I use these pre-outs to drive my headphone amp, so yes, I use the phono inputs on the Master.
I hope you get it sorted and it’s not a hardware issue.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(12-Mar-2018, 05:41)Axel Wrote:
(11-Mar-2018, 21:24)Spindrift Wrote:
(11-Mar-2018, 06:18)Axel Wrote: @Spindrift

Hi Axel-

Thanks in advance!

cheers

Hi @Spindrift
Yes, you are correct. I use the RCA to AES/EBU connections. When you connect them this way, there are only one pair of outputs available on the Companion . I use these pre-outs to drive my headphone amp, so yes, I use the phono inputs on the Master.
I hope you get it sorted and it’s not a hardware issue.

Thanks for the confirmation Axel. Devialet support emailed me this morning with an update saying (as expected) this is a software issue and the next beta should help resolve the issue. Makes me wonder if I should have waited to upgrade (I miss my vinyl!) but the improvement in the digital sound is probably  worth the hassle on the analog side . . . 

Cheers
(28-Feb-2018, 09:46)wikeeboy Wrote: Hi @Celts88 & @David A

Received this earlier today:

'finished doing the Core Infinity upgrade for Singapore and Malaysia. The NZ and Australian tour is currently in the works with our distributor and the tour should happen very soon, every upgrade being done by the start of April. It has been delayed a bit compared to my first idea but that is for the need of a more stable software.'

More delays. No surprise unfortunately.

Hi Jeremy & David A

Got word today that the Perth CI Upgrades will be carried out 3rd & 4th April. All sounds great at first, but that's the Easter long weekend here in Perth so a pain in the &%@*(

At best I'll have to drop of my 2 x 250Pro's on the Saturday 24th March (don't think I can get in during the day the next week) and the following week Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday Douglas Hi-Fi are closed (dealer where they're doing the upgrades). Pick-up won't be able until Thursday 5th April at the earliest and again a work day so may not be able to get in until the Saturday for pick-up. Also Olivier is only here for 2 days, so if I can't get into Douglas Hi-Fi either of those days then won't get a chance to talk to him.

So much for coming to Perth to ensure only without Pro's for a day or 2 (I will most likely be without for 2 weeks), and unable to chat with Olivier  Angry

Official Whinge Over!!!
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)