Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(15-Mar-2018, 07:33)Celts88 Wrote:
(28-Feb-2018, 09:46)wikeeboy Wrote: Hi @Celts88 & @David A

Received this earlier today:

'finished doing the Core Infinity upgrade for Singapore and Malaysia. The NZ and Australian tour is currently in the works with our distributor and the tour should happen very soon, every upgrade being done by the start of April. It has been delayed a bit compared to my first idea but that is for the need of a more stable software.'

More delays. No surprise unfortunately.

Hi Jeremy & David A

Got word today that the Perth CI Upgrades will be carried out 3rd & 4th April. All sounds great at first, but that's the Easter long weekend here in Perth so a pain in the &%@*(

At best I'll have to drop of my 2 x 250Pro's on the Saturday 24th March (don't think I can get in during the day the next week) and the following week Friday/Saturday/Sunday/Monday Douglas Hi-Fi are closed (dealer where they're doing the upgrades). Pick-up won't be able until Thursday 5th April at the earliest and again a work day so may not be able to get in until the Saturday for pick-up. Also Olivier is only here for 2 days, so if I can't get into Douglas Hi-Fi either of those days then won't get a chance to talk to him.

So much for coming to Perth to ensure only without Pro's for a day or 2 (I will most likely be without for 2 weeks), and unable to chat with Olivier  Angry

Official Whinge Over!!!

John,

My advice was that upgrades would be done at Brisbane HiFi today and tomorrow (Thursday /Friday 14-15 March) and that we could drop our amps off from yesterday so I dropped mine off yesterday and crossed my fingers and eyes in hope that I would be able to pick it up this afternoon as I was the first to drop my amp off. I had a medical appointment a couple of suburbs away this afternoon so I headed over to Brisbane HiFi after the appointment and Olivier still hadn't arrived but was about to start coming from the Gold Coast. 

And just as I was about to type that I now had my fingers and eyes crossed for tomorrow, I got a phone call (7.00 pm) to say that my amp is ready so I'll be picking it up tomorrow morning after the shop opens at 10.00 am.

Stay tuned for a listening impression in the near future.

David
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
David

Glad it eventually got sorted. Did you manage to have a chat with Olivier about the CI, or will he be there tomorrow?

Can't wait to read what you think of the CI Upgrade, and if it adds anything to the SQ.

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(15-Mar-2018, 10:12)Celts88 Wrote: David

Glad it eventually got sorted. Did you manage to have a chat with Olivier about the CI, or will he be there tomorrow?

Can't wait to read what you think of the CI Upgrade, and if it adds anything to the SQ.

Cheers
John

John,

I didn't see Olivier today. He hadn't yet arrived when I left the store around 4.30 pm. I understand he will be there tomorrow and I hope to have a quick chat with him then.

I think I will be having a long listening session tomorrow afternoon and evening and I hope I'll have some thoughts about the upgrade by the end of that. 

David
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Well thats interesting, Olivier being in Brisbane today. No message, no contact from Devialet or Olivier about CI upgrades in Sydney, not heard anything from them since before Christmas. Last email message from Olivier was upgrade to be done at Len Wallis in Sydney around end January, it’s now mid March and nothing from Devialet.
Kii Three & Kii Control. Aurender N100. VPI Prime Turntable with Benz micro Glider SL cart. RCM Sensor2 Phono stage. PS Audio P5 power regenerator.
Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
@Craig1512

Devialet - consistently inconsistent  Dodgy
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(15-Mar-2018, 15:13)Craig1512 Wrote: Well thats interesting, Olivier being in Brisbane today. No message, no contact from Devialet or Olivier about CI upgrades in Sydney, not heard anything from them since before Christmas. Last email message from Olivier was upgrade to be done at Len Wallis in Sydney around end January, it’s now mid March and nothing from Devialet.

John said they were inconsistent. I'd say disorganised.

I got a message from my dealer on 7 March telling me that Olivier would be doing upgrades in the store on 15/16 March then a message from Oliver the next day giving basically the same information. The store had no idea when  he would be arriving on the 15th and that turned out to be some time after 4.30 pm so he did arrive on the 15th but extremely late in the day and he did start work that day because I got a phone call at 7.00 pm to say my amp was ready.

Since you've had a message from Olivier in the past, drop him a query and he will get back to you but I get the feeling the timetable is still a little "flexible" at this stage and advice isn't necessarily getting out early. It looks from the message I got from Olivier on the 8th that he is sending out his own advice to people as he goes so I'm sure you will hear from him.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I'm so sick of this rubbish. How hard can it be to keep your customers informed?? If i performed like this in my job, i'd be out of a job.

Still no idea about Melbourne. For all i know Olivier has probably already been here!
@wikeeboy

Feel for you mate.

Interdyn gave me a call on Wednesday about the upcoming upgrades for Perth so maybe you could give them a call and see what's happening with Melbourne.

Australia (Perth)
(16-Mar-2018, 04:52)Celts88 Wrote: @wikeeboy

Feel for you mate.

Interdyn gave me a call on Wednesday about the upcoming upgrades for Perth so maybe you could give them a call and see what's happening with Melbourne.

I picked up my 130 Pro from Olivier in Brisbane a bit after midday and had a very brief chat. I think he flew into the Gold Coast from New Zealand, did some upgrades at a dealer in Tweed Heads and then moved on to Brisbane. I think he's moving on south from Brisbane. I wonder whether he's going to do a route like Sydney-Canberra-Melbourne-Adelaide-Perth from here.

I didn't discuss his timetable but I suspect it's been arranged to minimise his flight  and travel times since it looks like  he's going to be doing stops in probably all of the capitals (haven't heard anything about Darwin from anyone). If he's doing stops in every capital and some regional centres like Tweed Heads I can understand his desire to pick a route that minimises his time in the air, and ground travel also. Whatever he does he's going to be spending a lot of time in travel and I know I found that really draining when I was having to do a lot of travel between home here in Brisbane and Sydney/Melbourne/Canberra. He's also just worked his way through Hong Kong, Malaysia and Singapore and possibly other countries in south east Asia .

I think one factor which may be complicating his timetable is that not everyone seems to be dropping off their amps for upgrade in time for him to start on when he gets to a location. In Brisbane he said he would be doing upgrades yesterday and today (Thursday/Friday) and asked people to drop their amps in on Wednesday/Thursday. I dropped mine off on Wednesday and got a phone call at 7.00 pm on Thursday evening and I picked it up today. 2 amps were dropped off at the shop this morning, Friday, despite the request for them to be dropped off on Wednesday or Thursday so he may not have an accurate idea of how many people are going to bringing their amps in for upgrade when he arrives at a location and people bringing amps in late may stuff his timetable up a bit. He said he would be doing upgrades in Brisbane yesterday (Thursday) and I was told he did do 2 upgrades but I dropped in at Brisbane HiFi to see if he was there and had done my amp after I finished a medical appointment in a nearby suburb and he had yet to arrive when I left Brisbane HiFi  a bit before 4.30. He arrived from the Gold Coast some time after 5.00 and did my amp and one other before leaving for the day after the shop closed at 6.00. I understand there were 5 amps waiting for him when he arrived on Thursday afternoon and he did 2 so that left 3 amps to be done but as I said 2 more amps arrived while I was there this morning even though the message I received asked for them to be dropped off on Wednesday or Thursday. He also has to do other things such as answering emails, ordering parts and arranging their delivery to coordinate with where he's going to be (parts were delivered to the store for him while I was there this morning), and do a bit of PR by talking to owners when they drop off or pick up their amps. He may well be delaying advising people in different locations for as long as he can reasonably do so to allow him to adjust his flights if necessary and give owners advice which minimises the period they will be without their amp.

Yes, I do think things are a bit on the disorganised side but I think we should be cutting Olivier some slack. He's juggling a lot of issues and trying to keep everyone happy and not everyone is dropping their amp off in the time frame he's requesting and that probably is making his time frames messier than they need to be and he seems to be organising his timetable here himself .in conjunction with Interdyn. I had to do a lot of travel at one time in my working life and I know I wouldn't like to be doing the job he's doing at the moment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(16-Mar-2018, 02:17)wikeeboy Wrote: I'm so sick of this rubbish. How hard can it be to keep your customers informed?? If i performed like this in my job, i'd be out of a job.

Still no idea about Melbourne. For all i know Olivier has probably already been here!

I just got a message that Olivier sent to everyone in Brisbane who had their amps upgraded over the last 2 days. In it he said he was leaving for Melbourne so it looks like Melbourne is next on his list. If you haven't heard anything yet, I'd get in touch with Interdyn first thing on Monday.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia