Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom!
The last paragraph in this post by newcomer pscampbe I think explains the upgrade price: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...6#pid66996
It is probably the same amount you'll be charged for replacement of a damaged Phantom that is outside warranty. Maybe that problem is finally solved! Devialet has made up their minds on how to deal with 'repairs' after warranty (and Devialet Care) has expired. In that context the price of around 1000 euro is fair in my view.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Oct-2017, 07:38)Elztalbiker Wrote: KEF: more fluid and better mids.
Golds: more powerful, bigger soundstage, more live character.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

So, I did some extensive testing during the weekend between Golds and LS50 wireless. The KEFs are indeed better in mids especially in songs with female voices. But overall the Golds are superior. I was surprised that this is not only true for bass but also for trebble, where the KEFs lack the brilliance of the Phantoms. I will keep the Gold and stop thinking about different systems!
(16-Oct-2017, 11:10)Waldstorch Wrote:

So, I did some extensive testing during the weekend between Golds and LS50 wireless. The KEFs are indeed better in mids especially in songs with female voices. But overall the Golds are superior. I was surprised that this is not only true for bass but also for trebble, where the KEFs lack the brilliance of the Phantoms. I will keep the Gold and stop thinking about different systems!

Thanks ! I think I will keep one system and order two Golds (as an upgrade).
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(16-Oct-2017, 12:41)midi Wrote:
(16-Oct-2017, 11:10)Waldstorch Wrote:

I have done that and it is great! You will be not disapointed.

In the store i had some doubts, but in my room the doubts are completely cone.

If you are only listening to rock, electronic music and action films, keep then the silvers. With the rest, voices, instruments etc. The golds are a huge improvement
(16-Oct-2017, 14:47)Johnnydev Wrote:
(16-Oct-2017, 12:41)midi Wrote:
(16-Oct-2017, 11:10)Waldstorch Wrote: So, I did some extensive testing during the weekend between Golds and LS50 wireless. The KEFs are indeed better in mids especially in songs with female voices. But overall the Golds are superior. I was surprised that this is not only true for bass but also for trebble, where the KEFs lack the brilliance of the Phantoms. I will keep the Gold and stop thinking about different systems!

If you are only listening to rock, electronic music and action films, keep then the silvers. With the rest, voices, instruments etc. The golds are a huge improvement

I am listening a lot of electronic music but also silent voices (no rock, no heavy metal, no classic). At the moment I have the White Phantoms not the Silver Phantoms. I don´t know the difference between the Whites and the Silvers.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(16-Oct-2017, 17:20)midi Wrote:
(16-Oct-2017, 14:47)Johnnydev Wrote:
(16-Oct-2017, 12:41)midi Wrote: Thanks ! I think I will keep one system and order two Golds (as an upgrade).

I am listening a lot of electronic music but also silent voices (no rock, no heavy metal, no classic). At the moment I have the White Phantoms not the Silver Phantoms. I don´t know the difference between the Whites and the Silvers.

The difference between white and silver is not big, the have the same Sound, only less powerfull
I also did it. Immediately after switching the golds on for the first time, even my wife considered the difference: much more open and much better balanced.
But after some songs I also considered that thy will need some time to settle down.
They were a little harsh, too direct – it was not really relaxing to listen to. But now after some day's power play (12 hr’s per day at 60% when I was not at home) they are miracles – worth every penny!

Cheers
Karsten
Onkyo Integra DV-SP1000 / Slim Devices Transporter -> D440pro -> Elac FS607 X-Jet
Gold Phantoms (Stereo)

G E R M A N Y

(21-Nov-2017, 15:24)Herman Wrote: I also did it. Immediately after switching the golds on for the first time, even my wife considered the difference: much more open and much better balanced.
But after some songs I also considered that thy will need some time to settle down.
They were a little harsh, too direct – it was not really relaxing to listen to. But now after some day's power play (12 hr’s per day at 60% when I was not at home) they are miracles – worth every penny!

Cheers
Karsten

After 500 hours it would be greater
I wonder how many were traded in?

And what they’re doing with them? Commercial installs would be useful. Also perhaps as lower cost offer to those with out of warranty failures? That’s a huge legacy problem - similar to the problem Tesla has with batteries out of warranty period...