Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom!
(21-Sep-2017, 21:32)streamy Wrote: A general description is I find the Golds being faster, more attack, in the bass. They sound a bit less dull, i.e. less blown up in the bass. I think they go a bit lower or the very low end is more present. This is also visible. They flap more. Then the mids are more transparent, female voices are more open. In the mids they get closer to my B&W 802 (first edition). The Silvers are less present in the mids. In the treble the Golds are very linear, not harsh. The Silvers have a slight roll off. I can imagine that this can be to the liking of many, specifically when the room is less damped, filled with soft material. I prefer analytic and cristal clear cymbals. For me it is not fatiguing as others have reported, but this is definitely a question of taste. The new ASIC has a better S/N performance, there is much less hiss, not zero, but significant less.

Thanks this is helpfull. 
do you change your silvers for the golds with this offer?
(20-Sep-2017, 14:37)kmjy Wrote:
(20-Sep-2017, 02:33)Adams Wrote: It's not that good of a deal. I have 2 perfectly good silvers, the exchange cost for me in Australian dollars is close to the outright cost of one gold. I think I would be better off keeping the silvers and buying an additional gold for a centre speaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also from Australia, you think it’s worth going from a Phantom White to a Gold when it will cost AUD$1678?

Been contemplating this as it’s a brand new Phantom Gold speaker. With a new warranty, which is 2+ years in Australia, and a transfer of Devialet care if you have it.

It's $2490 AUD to upgrade a white to gold.

(22-Sep-2017, 09:03)Johnnydev Wrote: Thanks this is helpfull. 
do you change your silvers for the golds with this offer?

There is still time to think about it. I use one Silvers as back speaker to give more dipole character and room spread to the Golds. So no need to have the best quality. The Silver goes well with the Golds in a multichannel setup. Serious listening I do with the two Golds in standard setup. The other two Silvers I gave to my brother. He might want to change. The offer is tempting.
(22-Sep-2017, 23:46)Adams Wrote:
(20-Sep-2017, 14:37)kmjy Wrote:
(20-Sep-2017, 02:33)Adams Wrote: It's not that good of a deal. I have 2 perfectly good silvers, the exchange cost for me in Australian dollars is close to the outright cost of one gold. I think I would be better off keeping the silvers and buying an additional gold for a centre speaker

Also from Australia, you think it’s worth going from a Phantom White to a Gold when it will cost AUD$1678?

Been contemplating this as it’s a brand new Phantom Gold speaker. With a new warranty, which is 2+ years in Australia, and a transfer of Devialet care if you have it.

It's $2490 AUD to upgrade a white to gold.

Yeah. I checked again and it seems like it’s not worth it.
I’ll just sell my White which is basically brand new and buy a Gold separately.

Devialet Phantom (White)
I will stick with the silvers, I am done with thinking about to upgrade. I like to listen to the silver and get another one as soon as i can. There is always something newer or better or different, more important is that i like what i hear :-)
(21-Sep-2017, 23:42)Marcner Wrote:
(21-Sep-2017, 09:03)deTest Wrote:
(21-Sep-2017, 08:40)deboer.bas Wrote: I had the same speculation. No commercial branche will sell upgrades with a low profit. Maybe they found an flaw in the first ones? End of a product line?
But why are they still selling the white and silver if that is the case?

Hmmm? Good point. Let’s see if they continue to sell them going forward. Guess their corporate motivation will remain a mystery for now.

Devialet is a secretive company and we will never know their corporate interest.
But I do think here it’s just getting more money from it’s already equipped customer.
(24-Sep-2017, 17:13)nicosocha Wrote: I will stick with the silvers, I am done with thinking about to upgrade. I like to listen to the silver and get another one as soon as i can. There is always something newer or better or different, more important is that i like what i hear :-)

I love your post.
I think it’s the only way to not become crazy and actually enjoy your setup.
This upgrade program might also be useful for improving future Phantom by analyzing used phantom and maybe they could refurbish the one we send back to them and resell them.

This post claims that it might be possible to repair them. Does anyone else know if it’s true ?

(28-Jun-2017, 10:24)kmjy Wrote: Devialet support informed me a repair facility will be opening soon (no actual solid time was given) and that they have successfully figured out how to repair a Phantom now but the current focus is efficiency in the facility so they can keep diagnosing the faulty (or damaged) units coming in and learning from them but at the same time repairing those same units and shipping them back out as good as new. If the unit is unrepairable or diagnosis is taking too long it will be replaced. I gather that they hope only a very SMALL amount are unrepairable.

No idea on pricing or what options will be available but I expect it will come with a fee, unless it's a fault not caused by the user (as in you didn't knock it off a stand but it just stopped functioning).

Hopefully we hear more soon!
(24-Sep-2017, 22:58)mak972 Wrote:
(24-Sep-2017, 17:13)nicosocha Wrote: I will stick with the silvers, I am done with thinking about to upgrade. I like to listen to the silver and get another one as soon as i can. There is always something newer or better or different, more important is that i like what i hear :-)

I love your post.

Smile Thank you! Yes it is really the only way Smile  I will spend the money for something else  Smile
(25-Sep-2017, 15:02)nicosocha Wrote:
(24-Sep-2017, 22:58)mak972 Wrote:

I love your post.

Smile Thank you! Yes it is really the only way Smile  I will spend the money for something else  Smile

The Science Of Why You Should Spend Your Money On Experiences, Not Things - https://www.fastcompany.com/3043858/the-...-not-thing