Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transmute your Phantom into Gold Phantom!
I am really tempted to upgrade my Silvers, for in Euro it's quite a good deal. On the other hand I'm wondering whether there might be a next generation Phantom in the near future that might solve my main pain points:

1. No integrated room correction (I use Dspeaker antimode 2.0)
2. No proper standby mode 
3. Huge latency
4. Hard/impossible to repair

What do you  think: When will Devialet come up with an improved Phantom?
(25-Sep-2017, 20:17)Waldstorch Wrote: I am really tempted to upgrade my Silvers, for in Euro it's quite a good deal. On the other hand I'm wondering whether there might be a next generation Phantom in the near future that might solve my main pain points:

1. No integrated room correction (I use Dspeaker antimode 2.0)
2. No proper standby mode 
3. Huge latency
4. Hard/impossible to repair

What do you  think: When will Devialet come up with an improved Phantom?

Maybe they have a huge stock of Gold.
I also thought they might have a new in their sleeves.
I have been told there will be nothing above the Phantom Gold,
They're a working on something different
I think the deal is pretty good and with a new warranty.
(26-Sep-2017, 15:38)daibaron Wrote: I have been told there will be nothing above the Phantom Gold,
They're a working on something different
I think the deal is pretty good and with a new warranty.

In my opinion, whether you upgrade depends on whether the Silvers or White is satisfactory.  For me, I would definitely get the gold whether by upgrade or by purchase.  When I had the Silver, I did dialogue quite a bit with Devialet and noted that the trebles were anemic and the transient speed left something to be desired.  That was what I clearly felt from the music.  Then the Gold was introduced and fixed these shortcomings and I am satisfied with the Golds thought not with the Silvers.  So for someone like myself, I would upgrade.

I too am curious what they plan to do with all the used Silvers.  I offered to purchase a pair some months back of their returned silvers but was turned down. I think they are planning to use in large scale installations where Devialet is trying to demo them or something so they don't mind used units.
All this speculation regarding what Devialet is going to do with the used white and Silver Phantoms Smile. Devialet saws out of the Phantom electronics board the digital part to be able to deliver to the Expert Pro users the Core Infinity board that finally will make direct streaming of services possible, which we have since the beginning with the Phantoms SmileSmile.
Very very very disappointed with all the upgrading process. I would not recommended to anyone. 

I bought originally my silvers in Europe and moved to the US. Of course, I had to pay the US upgraded fee instead of the European that is much lower... I can understand this, because I live in the US now. 

The thing is that I was giving the upgrade a thought and decided to contact the chat of Devialet. The convinced me with two arguments... the taxes were included in the price and also I would not be a day without speakers because I was going to receive the new ones before having to return the silvers. 

12 days after... although I approved a payment of 2780$ introducing my credit card details and confirmed the payment I got charged 2974$... I don’t know if even charging a different quantity is even legal... I still have a pending complain open on this... because they added the taxes they said were included. 

Regarding the speakers... 12 days after ordering I am still waiting for them. I finally got a package notification on wednesday coming from France and got really excited... well, I got the package today... and was only a box to return mine. No sign of the gold!! It would have been much easier to go to a shop and exchange them... do they really need to send  the return package  from France??? I could have returned in the box that comes with the golds. 

This is a premium product and the service should also be as good as the price... and I am really disappointed, it does not seem like that.
What a stupid process and total lack of common sense by Devialet.

Ordered two gold upgrades....waited two weeks after payment was taken but received packaging boxes after 1 week.  Just left on the doorstep by UPS ...at first I panicked Ias I thought it was £4k+ of speakers but no.....just boxes containing packaging.  I had no intention of sending silvers until I had the gold upgrades that I paid for and could test they worked as advertised.

Called Devialet.  They will not ship the Golds until my Silvers are with them.  
Where was I supposed to know that.......erm, in the small print......
You want me to be two weeks without speakers?????  that's our policy....
me: so you don't trust your longstanding customers....erm, yes we do   
me: then send me the golds...let me hook up both sets as I may even decide to keep the silvers for other rooms and pay the full cost of the golds for the music room.......erm, thats not our policy.
...but under consumer law I get 14 days to return the Golds whatever your daft policy say.s.....agreed.   
......and if I just pay £4k+ plus for the golds I get to trial the golds at home for 45 days.....agreed.  
Also you have my card details so you can take the remaining £2k payment even if I didnt return the old silvers......yes, but.  
me: yes but what.....we dont have the facility to take the excess £2k.
me: This is crazy......you are making this really hard to spend £2k or £4k with you.......erm, well you could call a local audio shop that supplies devialet products and see if they have golds in stock.   
me: Here's a novel idea......you are customer services...why don't you find out for me and then I will drive 60 miles to swap over the golds/silvers...that way we are both doing something to complete this order even if you are the only one getting paid........erm, i can't do that.
me: OK, lets make this easier for you.  Afterall I wouldn't want to put you to any inconvenience.    Cancel my order.   I'll hold onto the £2k+ and look at other options.

If anyone from Devialet reads this then contact me.  I'd like to upgrade but your process is ridiculous.  I'd also like to do this before by 50th on 14th October.
Exactly the same here and I was told the same. They are saying that the lies they told me were because “the process at the beginning was not very clear”. Amazing. They know I am a customer that spent almost $5000 in the silvers because they have benn registered since the beginning. That charged the 3000$ the day I upgraded, so they have the money... but they are not willing to send the speakers? Incredible... that is not how a premium brand should treat their customers...

I have asked them to cancel the order. What a shame.

Really disappointed with Devialet.
Some more news, just to let you know how they work. The person at customer care told me that if I was not happy with the terms I could cancel and Give her the order number. I asked her to cancel and gave the order number... and instead of cancelling directly she told me I will receive a confirmation “during “ next week...
. I don’t understand why it can’t be done automatically. This is none sense after nonesence... I paid 15 days ago and got nothing...
(30-Sep-2017, 17:29)jaykay1967 Wrote: What a stupid process and total lack of common sense by Devialet.

Ordered two gold upgrades....waited two weeks after payment was taken but received packaging boxes after 1 week.  Just left on the doorstep by UPS ...at first I panicked Ias I thought it was £4k+ of speakers but no.....just boxes containing packaging.  I had no intention of sending silvers until I had the gold upgrades that I paid for and could test they worked as advertised.

Called Devialet.  They will not ship the Golds until my Silvers are with them.  
Where was I supposed to know that.......erm, in the small print......
You want me to be two weeks without speakers?????  that's our policy....
me: so you don't trust your longstanding customers....erm, yes we do   
me: then send me the golds...let me hook up both sets as I may even decide to keep the silvers for other rooms and pay the full cost of the golds for the music room.......erm, thats not our policy.
...but under consumer law I get 14 days to return the Golds whatever your daft policy say.s.....agreed.   
......and if I just pay £4k+ plus for the golds I get to trial the golds at home for 45 days.....agreed.  
Also you have my card details so you can take the remaining £2k payment even if I didnt return the old silvers......yes, but.  
me: yes but what.....we dont have the facility to take the excess £2k.
me: This is crazy......you are making this really hard to spend £2k or £4k with you.......erm, well you could call a local audio shop that supplies devialet products and see if they have golds in stock.   
me: Here's a novel idea......you are customer services...why don't you find out for me and then I will drive 60 miles to swap over the golds/silvers...that way we are both doing something to complete this order even if you are the only one getting paid........erm, i can't do that.
me: OK, lets make this easier for you.  Afterall I wouldn't want to put you to any inconvenience.    Cancel my order.   I'll hold onto the £2k+ and look at other options.

If anyone from Devialet reads this then contact me.  I'd like to upgrade but your process is ridiculous.  I'd also like to do this before by 50th on 14th October.

Small print?

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...easy-steps

5. You will receive your Gold Phantom(s) a couple of days after UPS returned yours.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.