Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Care is it worth it
I was unable to find a discussion about this previously.
What have others decided when they bought their Gold Phantoms about whether to get to get Devialet Care(DC). I am converting three phantoms "Into Gold"( whether that is worth doing is another thread, obviously I decided it was). I have the option of getting DC for a stiff cost of 900 dollars to cover them all. It extends the warrant for an additional year and covers accidental damage for about an additional 300 dollars a incident.
Like most I usually don't opt for extended warranty except in a few raw instances. Is this one of them? The Phantoms are complex and either difficult or impossible to repair. There weight, shape, density and fragility make them more vulnerable to damage. Nevertheless I am leaning toward not getting DC, but am open to reconsidering.
What have others decided and why?
I would ask your home insurance how much extra to cover them per year, I am sure it will be cheaper than 900 USD for 3 years

Even with a possible increase in cover for having made a claim.... at 300 per speaker additional charge by Devialet in the event of a claim, I would say any potential rise in insurance cover would be a lot smaller

Also I wouldn't cover all 3 - how clumsy are you? Wink

If all 3 get damaged it would have to be a house fire or something and then I think you house insurance would have a section about value of the entire contents of your house regardless

My pennies worth Smile
I'm upgrading to 4 Golds and I have the same question.
Is the claim process easy or do they give you a hard time?
(14-Apr-2021, 21:55)mingfang Wrote: I'm upgrading to 4 Golds and I have the same question.
Is the claim process easy or do they give you a hard time?

they just ask to send the phantom to them, when they got it in the warehouse they send u a new one.
@Ebro That's good to know. Thanks