Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SSH?
Is it possible to SSH into a Devialet?

The reason I ask is that all the configs are just a text file, and it would seem easier to SSH into the box and edit the config txt, rather than pulling out an SD card, going to a PC, etc.
Although the configuration files are text, they are protected by a CRC so simply editing them by hand without changing the CRC will make them unusable (the Devialet will not load them). That said, I don't think it is possible to ssh into a Devialet Expert at the moment. In principle the forthcoming Core Infinity board would be able to support ssh but whether or not it will be enabled, and for what purpose, is another question.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
PS: a better thing to hope for, from my point of view at least, would be that the Core Infinity board has a self-contained version of the configurator so that one could point a browser at it and build a config file without being dependent on access to Devialet's web site.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I don't believe it's running a high-enough level operating system to even run an ssh server. As thumb5 says, the Core Infinity board will probably support ssh (though may not be enabled).
(20-Sep-2017, 07:34)thumb5 Wrote: PS: a better thing to hope for, from my point of view at least, would be that the Core Infinity board has a self-contained version of the configurator so that one could point a browser at it and build a config file without being dependent on access to Devialet's web site.

Well, yes -- it would be so much easier to point a browser to the Devialet itself to change configs.

The fact that it doesn't work this way out of the box seems silly.
With the core infinity board, my 220 Pro has SSH port open but it asks for a RSA key. Probably, this means maybe they will use SSH for service purpose in the future but won't let users to connect.