Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gecko : how far from the side walls ?
Hello,
I just bought a pair of gecko and found no advice on the distance I must leave beetween phantom and the side walls.

As bass speakers are pointing to the sides, it seems to be a critical point.

So, I need some advices before drilling the wall.

Thanks.

Mac
I would think about 70cm to 100cm.
You generally start at a triangle where the distance between tweeters is 85% of the distance between your ears and the tweeters, pointing to about 1-2 foot behind your ears. If I were you I would set the Phantoms up on stands first, start with the above and fine tune from there. Then hang them up in the same spot, just higher. Keep in mind that even though the woofers are on the side, if you hang them very close to the ceiling, bass will increase too.

Good luck!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
In case this helps :
I tried different positions after what was said above and in the end, the front part (the tweeter) of the speakers are 60cm from the wall and 50cm from the ceiling. It seems to be good.
The room is 4m X 8m.