Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Antoine's system
Hi @nicoludio , sorry I can’t report anything new regarding the Buffalo switch. It’s in my network but I haven’t made any changes since I originally modified it or did any comparisons. 

There’s been quite some chatter on audiophilestyle.com about the modified Buffalo switch in several topics. It seems it’s been discontinued and stocks seem to have been depleted worldwide. If you do a search there I’m sure you’ll find the discussions. Some have compared it to the Melco S100 and discussed their results. One person is currently experimenting in tweaking/modding it further using linear power regulators.

Thanks @audio_engr! DIY is fun and can indeed be rewarding in more than one way. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Thanks, Antoine.

Managed to order it from Japan.

I did ask a dealer to check with Melco Japan on the differences between the Melco S100 & the Buffalo. Not unsurprisingly, they volunteered nothing
Congrats on finding one @nicoludio!

Nenon over at AS has compared the Buffalo and S100 side by side so I’m not surprised Melco did not volunteer anything as he found them to be fully identical except for a separate capacitor board at power input and of course the casing. Smile
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Hahaha ... as I understand it, the only difference might be the clock. So far, there is no indication as to whether the S100 employs a better quality clock

I can live without the better casing. Will probably apply damping materials on the top lid.
@nicoludio, even the clocks are the same! Smile Also see: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic...nt=1047951

The Netherlands

Thank you for sharing this. It takes a fair bit of patience to comb through the very long Audiophilestyle thread for the relevant information.