Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Antoine's system
(15-Mar-2017, 16:27)octaviars Wrote: Have you tested uptone LPS-1? They are very keen on saying how you get total isolation from the smal part of AC leackage on the DC that normal PSU has.

I don't own one, not yet anyway. Smile There's someone in NL who has one for sale but he had not yet responded to my message. It's been for sale since December 17th though so likely it's already gone. Did send him/her a reminder just now. I may use it to power both the SSD and FMC and perhaps later use it for something like the ISO Regen (if I'm tempted to buy that). Using a $400 PSU (ex. shipping, VAT, customs duties etc.) feels like overkill to power just a SSD and FMC. The LPS-1 can't power anything else in my current system as I trust Romaz's evaluation who feels the SR7 is clearly a step up from the LPS-1. (I need a second four rail SR7! Wink)
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(15-Mar-2017, 16:41)Antoine Wrote:
(15-Mar-2017, 16:27)octaviars Wrote: Have you tested uptone LPS-1? They are very keen on saying how you get total isolation from the smal part of AC leackage on the DC that normal PSU has.

I don't own one, not yet anyway. Smile There's someone in NL who has one for sale but he had not yet responded to my message. It's been for sale since December 17th though so likely it's already gone. Did send him/her a reminder just now. I may use it to power both the SSD and FMC and perhaps later use it for something like the ISO Regen (if I'm tempted to buy that). Using a $400 PSU (ex. shipping, VAT, customs duties etc.) feels like overkill to power just a SSD and FMC. The LPS-1 can't power anything else in my current system as I trust Romaz's evaluation who feels the SR7 is clearly a step up from the LPS-1. (I need a second four rail SR7! Wink)

Ok.
I have been in contact with Paul before but now he dont respond to any emails Huh my plan was also to get SR7 to power most of my stuff.

I will send you a PM so I dont litter your system thread with my plans Blush
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

@octaviars, OK, that's unfortunate! I recently read that Paul Hynes Audio Ltd has closed so Paul is building everything himself again instead of that subcompany building his designs. See for more information: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthrea...is-closing

Will look at your PM later but, with all due respect, I don't respond to PM's asking me for advice if that's what it does! Smile That's what the public forum is for IMO, so everyone can join in and learn and contribute.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
I found an Uptone LPS-1! But it was part of an entire streaming setup. It all looked legit so I asked the seller if he was willing to sell parts of it separately. This was possible but he offered me a good price (I couldn't refuse) for the entire setup without the music server.

The list:
Sonore MicroRendu
Uptone Audio LPS-1
MCRU DC lead with Oyaide DC connectors
Paul Pang modified D-Link DGS108 ethernet switch
Kemp Elektroniks Power Bar 3 outlets
2x iFi iPower (5V and 9V)
Curious Cable USB Regen link
2x Supra CAT8 ethernet cable (1m)

I hope to receive all of this next week (and not lose my money because it's a fraud! Wink) but will immediately try to sell at least the microRendu since I don't need that as I already own a SOtM sMS-200.

The Netherlands
Hello Octaviars,

I used to receive a surprising amount of hijacked e-mail with viral attachments or links, and these e-mails are filtered/deleted by my e-mail provider. If your e-mail has ever been hijacked and listed on their blacklist it is unlikely I will ever see valid communications from you even though your anti-virus precautions may have removed malicious software on your computer/mobile device.

If you need to contact me, try using a new/different clean e-mail address or alternatively now you can PM me on this forum.

Regards
Paul
Paul Hynes Design
Another welcome to this forum from me Paul! I'll answer your PM now! Smile

The Netherlands
(17-Mar-2017, 13:02)Paul Hynes Wrote: Hello Octaviars,

I used to receive a surprising amount of hijacked e-mail with viral attachments or links, and these e-mails are filtered/deleted by my e-mail provider. If your e-mail has ever been hijacked and listed on their blacklist it is unlikely I will ever see valid communications from you even though your anti-virus precautions may have removed malicious software on your computer/mobile device.

If you need to contact me, try using a new/different clean e-mail address or alternatively now you can PM me on this forum.

Regards
Paul
Paul Hynes Design

Ok not that I have had any problems what I know of but I will use my Gmail instead to contact you. Nice to see you here by the way.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

(17-Mar-2017, 12:07)Antoine Wrote: @octaviars, OK, that's unfortunate! I recently read that Paul Hynes Audio Ltd has closed so Paul is building everything himself again instead of that subcompany building his designs. See for more information: http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthrea...is-closing

Will look at your PM later but, with all due respect, I don't respond to PM's asking me for advice if that's what it does! Smile That's what the public forum is for IMO, so everyone can join in and learn and contribute.
Yes he confirmed the same to me when I ordered my SR3. The products are built well and Paul is detailed in his communications, but I think he runs quite an old fashioned business model.

I really want to try the Lps-1 too but it's hard to justify another ps. Unless that is it betters the sr7.

I saw quite a few packages for sale too, but no one would split the Lps-1 out. I guess it's hotter right now than the rendu. Looking forward to hearing about yours Antoine.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Quote:2 x Neutrik NC4MXX BAG XLR plug 4p male (silver plated pins like the plugs Hynes also supplies)

Do you know what female conntacts you have in your SR7?

In the SR7...XL Paul uses a Military Spec connector with a contact resistance below 1 milliohm but is that from Neutrik? I cant find one with that low resistance.

Second system

Those mil spec connectors are optional. The XLR's in my SR7's I believe are the standard ones, brand unknown to me. I bought one of Hynes's own PSU's, he no longer used himself, from him directly and it came with these.

I looked into it once and I read the mil spec XLR parts Hynes uses are those of Jaeger. See here (though they misspelled the brand name there Smile): http://theartofsound.net/forum/showthrea...post521244

Edit; I see I made an error in the original text you quoted. Hynes doesn't supply those Neutrik plugs, I meant he also supplies XLR plugs with silver plated poles.

BTW I searched for pure copper or tellurium copper XLR plugs but couldn't find any except Bochino which are crazy expensive and some Asian brand only spelling through the US so I took the easy option of Neutrik. Most manufacturers didn't specify exact impedance specs. Neutrik for example just specifies a "lower than x" number (can't remember the exact number)

The Netherlands