Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D Labs Nano Transport
I'm hearing some early reports of a new UPnP streamer/renderer.

It's called the 3D Lab Nano Transport and was actually announced in Munich although I think it has only recently started shipping.

ThierryNK has just reviewed this very favourably on Audiophile Magazine:

http://www.audiophile-magazine.com/bancs...transport/

Sorry but it's in French.

ThierryNK has been comparing it to his current reference the totaldac d1 server and has been struggling to tell the two apart from a sound quality perspective.

The cost? 1,750 euros so this is a clear rival to the Auralic Aries. If it's as good as the d1 server then this is a very interesting development indeed! In my own tests the d1 server was substantially better that the Aries...

I think someone needs to try this with a Devialet!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
If there are questions, I will be happy to answer them here in English.
Cheers
Thierry
S1:  Totaldac d1-server, Trinnov ST2-H, Ayon S5, Orpheus Lab 3M, Klinger Favre D56
S2: Trinnov Amethyst,  Ayon Odin III, TAD Evolution One
Is it available in the U.S.A.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Thanks GuillaumeB for bringing this up. I'm actually in the market for a streamer for my D400 and was narrowing it down to Auralic Aries and Aurender X100. But now glad to include the 3D Lab Nano to the short list Smile

(16-Nov-2014, 14:13)ThierryNK Wrote: If there are questions, I will be happy to answer them here in English.
Cheers
Thierry
Hi ThierryNK

I tired to use Google translate but of course it sounds funny

Can you please give the gist of the review for the non-French speaking members

Thanks
Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
(16-Nov-2014, 18:34)amabrok Wrote: Thanks GuillaumeB for bringing this up. I'm actually in the market for a streamer for my D400 and was narrowing it down to Auralic Aries and Aurender X100. But now glad to include the 3D Lab Nano to the short list Smile

(16-Nov-2014, 14:13)ThierryNK Wrote: If there are questions, I will be happy to answer them here in English.
Cheers
Thierry
Hi ThierryNK

I tired to use Google translate but of course it sounds funny

Can you please give the gist of the review for the non-French speaking members

Thanks

The Chrome translator is pretty good. Simply put, the 3D Lab Nano is just a hair behind the TotalDAC streamer.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Tests made on 2 systems (see my signature) in dedicated and acoustically treated rooms.

Audio quality: top

Impossible to make the difference on a Totaldac d1-dual DAC in comparison with Totaldac d1-server (AES connexion)

d1-server remains a (very) little bit better on the DAC of Ayon S5 (still AES)

Final quality depends also on quality of inputs on the DAC...

Fabrication quality: some weaknesses (IEC plug, back panel, useless front switch button), impression that it could have been better built for not a lot of investments

Network/internal firmware/UPNP etc: very robust, never failed.

Choice of 2 output modes when ordering:
- Everything up-sampled to 24/192 (and then no DSD)
- Native sampling, and DSD in DoP format goes through AES for compatible DAC (as Mytek or Totaldac)

Quite "old" way to switch from one mode to another, with "dips", and the obligation to open the Nano and use something very thin to move the dips. Not recommended for everybody.

Audio quality: with Totaldac d1-server, currently the best available, far from all other products (sorry for others, but this is my opinion after testing nearly every product in this category)

Cheers
Thierry
S1:  Totaldac d1-server, Trinnov ST2-H, Ayon S5, Orpheus Lab 3M, Klinger Favre D56
Have lots of different forums and i am really impressed with the quality of this forum. Thanks for sharing! I have a pair of audiovector SR3 arrete speakers and am interested in buying a music streamer with out a DAC (it is built into the speakers). Have read the post on the totaldac d1 and the Cubox project and now this 3d lab nano transport and i have to admit i am confused:-) my needs are primarily to stream HD tracks from a NAS to a music streamer and via coax or toslink to a hub thats connected to the speakers. Looking forward to read your input. Thanks
(16-Nov-2014, 18:34)amabrok Wrote: Thanks GuillaumeB for bringing this up. I'm actually in the market for a streamer for my D400 and was narrowing it down to Auralic Aries and Aurender X100. But now glad to include the 3D Lab Nano to the short list Smile

x2. Looking to get out of my mac mini and in to a streamer / renderer in that same budget range.

Thanks
Kenreau
Synology DS412+> Aurender S10> AQ Wel AES > Devialet 200> AQ Castle Rock Bi-Wired > Vandersteen 5As.
(16-Nov-2014, 17:49)rwjr44 Wrote: Is it available in the U.S.A.

You can mail to: siea3d at gmail.com
At the weekend I was in Paris and visited Devialet and then, on the Saturday, the Salon High Fidelity show.

Devialet were there with a professional demonstration using B&W 800 diamond speakers with a 400 amplifier. Also there, although I did not know of the brand at the time, was 3D Lab, although the demonstration was not great because it was not set up for a listener audience, at least not on the Saturday.

However, Enciences et Musiques reviewed the show and were favourable in relation to the 3D but not in relation to the Devialet "...very very crappy side listens so far ..."

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?...rev=search

But, after all, E et M do sell the 3D brand but are not an appointed Devialet dealer. QED.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England