Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3D Labs Nano Transport
(20-Feb-2015, 18:31)PhilP Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 18:17)amabrok Wrote: Philp, I agree on lack of gapless playback. This is a no go for me .

But for generic control points, if need be I suggest giving BubbleUPnP on Android a try. It is sleek and works perfectly well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the recommendation but I don't own any Android devices.   I see that you're using an iPhone  Smile

I wish Devialet would prioritise Dialog for Expert range. Once they've delivered that then I probably wouldn't have to think about streamers ever again. All I want to do is stream Qobuz and my local rips/downloads using the same device, ideally wirelessly.

Nice catch Philp but I'm a gadgets freak and I have an android phone to have access to Android eco system as well

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis
amabrok's system - Latest update (May 2015, Page 11, Post #109)

Dubai, UAE
Just looking through the docs to see if the Nano renderer does actually have the OpenHome extensions. I can't see any mention of it which is a little disappointing. It doesn't bother me particularly as I'd use BubbleUPNP Server to provide this (which is literally a 5 minute setup which requires no ongoing maintenance once installed, if your NAS or device is supported) but the extra layer of faff isn't to everyone's taste.

[edit] The other drawback with UPnP even with extensions is poor seek ability (i.e fast forward/reverse) but I've yet to see any streaming protocol that implements this well, such as a CD player would (and that can be a bit iffy too).
I realise I missed part of the original question. If the Aries control point is part of the UPnP ecosphere then there's no real reason why it shouldn't work with the Nano. Looks like the Aries is OpenHome compatible.
(20-Feb-2015, 18:31)PhilP Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 18:17)amabrok Wrote: Philp, I agree on lack of gapless playback. This is a no go for me .

But for generic control points, if need be I suggest giving BubbleUPnP on Android a try. It is sleek and works perfectly well

Thanks for the recommendation but I don't own any Android devices.   I see that you're using an iPhone  Smile

I wish Devialet would prioritise Dialog for Expert range. Once they've delivered that then I probably wouldn't have to think about streamers ever again. All I want to do is stream Qobuz and my local rips/downloads using the same device, ideally wirelessly.

Nice catch Philp but I'm a gadgets freak and I have an android phone to have access to Android eco system as well

Aurender X100L / Transrotor Crescendo TT / Denon DCD1520 / Macbook Pro >> D400 >> Martin Logan Montis

Dubai, UAE
(20-Feb-2015, 19:02)Rufus McDufus Wrote: I realise I missed part of the original question. If the Aries control point is part of the UPnP ecosphere then there's no real reason why it shouldn't work with the Nano. Looks like the Aries is OpenHome compatible.

Lightning DS is OpenHome compatible as I discovered when I tried to use it with my Naim NDX, which isn't...

If you and Guilaume demo the Nano maybe you could try Bubble and Lightning DS? 

Naive question I'm sure but is there an Android equivalent of an iPod Touch? 
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(20-Feb-2015, 20:45)PhilP Wrote: Naive question I'm sure but is there an Android equivalent of an iPod? 

Yes there is. But they are mostly in the high end portable music player side like Sony NW-ZX1 and 2 or Fiio X5. And they are not cheaper than full feature android phones

Dubai, UAE
(20-Feb-2015, 20:50)amabrok Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 20:45)PhilP Wrote: Naive question I'm sure but is there an Android equivalent of an iPod Touch?

Yes there is. But they are mostly in the high end portable music player side like Sony NW-ZX1 and 2 or Fiio X5. And they are not cheaper than full feature android phones

Wow, the Sony devices are really expensive but look great. You're right, Even the Fiio is about the same price as a phone.  Seems like there's a gap in the market for an Android version of the iPod Touch
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(20-Feb-2015, 21:03)PhilP Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 20:50)amabrok Wrote:
(20-Feb-2015, 20:45)PhilP Wrote: Naive question I'm sure but is there an Android equivalent of an iPod Touch?

Wow, the Sony devices are really expensive but look great. You're right, Even the Fiio is about the same price as a phone.  Seems like there's a gap in the market for an Android version of the iPod Touch

Also not mention the more expensive A&K Ak240, AK120II or AK100II.

But while we are still on this, if you are really looking for a bargin android device then you can consider Android WiFi-only tablets. They come in all brands and sizes and much cheaper compared to the fully fledged android phones

Dubai, UAE
This thread reminds unfinished
What was the result with the nano ?
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -