Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom remote
I'm wondering if there is any other possibilities to remote control the phantoms, aside from the app, or the official Devialet hardware remote ?. It seems that the Logitech harmony remotes are unable to control them, as the Phantoms don't support IR ?. Any tips welcome Smile
I have the remote and use it now and then. On distance few meters away it doesn't work well.
However I have changed the setup on the Phantom.
First I have setup with an app installed on my tablet in WiFi mode.
Then I have connected the Ethernet cable to the router and the setting will change to Ethernet.
It is still possible to control the Phantom through the tablet and the range is much longer than the remote.
If you will save the battery you just switch off the tablet and the Phantom will continue playing. However then you need the remote to control the sound.
(30-Sep-2017, 02:52)blodsbror Wrote: I'm wondering if there is any other possibilities to remote control the phantoms, aside from the app, or the official Devialet hardware remote ?. It seems that the Logitech harmony remotes are unable to control them, as the Phantoms don't support IR ?. Any tips welcome Smile

If you could remote control a computer, raspberry pi or something similar and connect it via toslink to the Dialog or Phantom, you'll be able to bypass Spark and the remote. Volume control could still be a problem, the default volume on the toslink input is 35.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Yes, that’s the thing - volume control is not reliable with the hardware remote. Does the remote talk directly to the phantoms, or the dialog?. I’m just thinking, that if the PLC connection between the dialog and phantoms isn’t so strong, then that might effect reliable volume control?
(01-Oct-2017, 21:33)blodsbror Wrote: Yes, that’s the thing - volume control is not reliable with the hardware remote. Does the remote talk directly to the phantoms, or the dialog?. I’m just thinking, that if the PLC connection between the dialog and phantoms isn’t so strong, then that might effect reliable volume control?

I have two remotes in my room, first with two silvers and now with two golds and no problems at all
It function flawless
(01-Oct-2017, 21:33)blodsbror Wrote: Yes, that’s the thing - volume control is not reliable with the hardware remote. Does the remote talk directly to the phantoms, or the dialog?. I’m just thinking, that if the PLC connection between the dialog and phantoms isn’t so strong, then that might effect reliable volume control?

I have two remotes in my room, first with two silvers and now with two golds and no problems at all
It function flawless
Anyone knows how the remote works/communicates? Bluetooth? Could it be possible to build something yourself with Arduino for instance?
(07-Oct-2017, 21:25)Evv Wrote: Anyone knows how the remote works/communicates? Bluetooth? Could it be possible to build something yourself with Arduino for instance?

He works on WiFi and with Bluetooth, both, it is a choice

I have two remotes and connected by wifi
i think it's zigbee
(08-Oct-2017, 22:46)daibaron Wrote: i think it's zigbee

Maybe you are right