Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with optical input of phantoms
Hi there everyone!
I got a new pair of Gold Phantoms yesterday and I absolutely love them. If it weren't for one bug I am experiencing and which is driving me nuts!
If I want to use the optical input of one of my phantoms I do not get sound.
These are the observations I have made so far:
1. Factory reset does not help. Several ones using the guide and timing provided by Devialet (also a few more tries where I switched up the timing).
2. The input is autoselected by the Spark app, when sound comes through it.
3. The input is shown as playing in Spark app (pause button is enabled). For the input on the other app and the Dialog where additional cables have been attached for a comparison, the Start-Playing Button is shown instead, when no sound was coming through them.
4. Everything worked fine yesterday.
5. The problem first started appearing after I had to resetup them because I moved the furniture around in the room.

I would appreciate every help I can get.

Thanks in advance!

zebraw
I've had issues sometimes when I've had to cut the power and it takes them a while to "get" back. Sometimes I've had to reset everything and still had issues for a few hours (while other times they just work). Eventually they settle down and works normal again. And yeah, I find it VERY annoying as well.
(01-Oct-2017, 12:36)Deezel Wrote: I've had issues sometimes when I've had to cut the power and it takes them a while to "get" back. Sometimes I've had to reset everything and still had issues for a few hours (while other times they just work). Eventually they settle down and works normal again. And yeah, I find it VERY annoying as well.

Thanks for the reply! I will try this before I return them.
(04-Oct-2017, 16:11)zebraw Wrote:
(01-Oct-2017, 12:36)Deezel Wrote: I've had issues sometimes when I've had to cut the power and it takes them a while to "get" back. Sometimes I've had to reset everything and still had issues for a few hours (while other times they just work). Eventually they settle down and works normal again. And yeah, I find it VERY annoying as well.

Thanks for the reply! I will try this before I return them.

Are you sure the toslink connector is properly seated? As toslink ports on Phantoms are recessed, thick connectors may not work. I do not own Phantoms, but I've tried a pair. I seem to remember that you had to enable the optical ports in Spark before you could use them.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I had mine turned off for a few days because of being away on conference. Powered them on and had issues the whole evening. They stuck on PLC f.ex resulting in the right phantom to only work for a few seconds and then silence for 1 second before it worked a few again.

Woke up this morning and the system had set on 5GHz WiFi and everything is working fine again.