Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-amp outputs not working, D400
All the settings and configurations have been re-set by Devialet Help technicians. Still nothing from the pre-out. The case has been elevated to "engineers" and I am waiting for a solution.
Has anyone faced this problem and how was it solved? (Configurations, settings and firmware are refreshed and up to date.)
I face the same problem with my 440. The master is configured correctly, because I had the pre-outs working, but decided to go back in and bump up the sensitivity of the input. After that, no matter what I did (must have tried a dozen times), I couldn’t get them to work again. Not the end of the world as I rarely use my headphones. Maybe after the next firmware upgrade it will be easier to configure the poxy things!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(03-Oct-2017, 01:02)Axel Wrote: I face the same problem with my 440. The master is configured correctly, because I had the pre-outs working, but decided to go back in and bump up the sensitivity of the input. After that, no matter what I did (must have tried a dozen times), I couldn’t get them to work again. Not the end of the world as I rarely use my headphones. Maybe after the next firmware upgrade it will be easier to configure the poxy things!

Thanks Axel. I'm not quite ready to retire the HP's just yet so I will keep working with Devi. If they find a solution for me I'll post it so maybe you can take advantage of it.
(03-Oct-2017, 02:19)davidgraham Wrote:
(03-Oct-2017, 01:02)Axel Wrote: I face the same problem with my 440. The master is configured correctly, because I had the pre-outs working, but decided to go back in and bump up the sensitivity of the input. After that, no matter what I did (must have tried a dozen times), I couldn’t get them to work again. Not the end of the world as I rarely use my headphones. Maybe after the next firmware upgrade it will be easier to configure the poxy things!

Thanks Axel. I'm not quite ready to retire the HP's just yet so I will keep working with Devi. If they find a solution for me I'll post it so maybe you can take advantage of it.
Hi David,
I’d certainly take advantage of anything that you can uncover to make the outputs functional again. Obviously, I’d rather have my cans working than not.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hi, 

I have get the pre-outs working perfectly
It is possible
(10-Dec-2017, 08:23)frenek Wrote: Hi, 

It is possible
Please tell us more! What system are you using? Do you have the CI boards fitted? Are you doing anything specific to make the pre-outs work?
South Coast England
(10-Dec-2017, 12:37)Axel Wrote:
(10-Dec-2017, 08:23)frenek Wrote: Hi, 

It is possible
Please tell us more! What system are you using? Do you have the CI boards fitted? Are you doing anything specific to make the pre-outs work?

After much trial and error, the problem was eliminated by Devialet techs at the NYC shop who built a new configuration, put it on new Devialet sd cards and sent them to me. I'm not sure if my SanDisk sd cards are a problem but Devialet recommended using only theirs.
See attachment of my configurator pic

In addition you have to uncheck the mute button at the pre-out of the companion, so that you can mute the speakers while headphone
gets the sound. The pre-out is the outlet for the Headphone. Probably  you need cinch-adapter for the headphone.
And you have to change the remote, you must select preamp on/of on the source button.

It has nothing to do with Core Infinity, it works with or without CI

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-Dec-2017, 17:37)frenek Wrote: See attachment of my configurator pic

In addition you have to uncheck the mute button at the pre-out of the companion, so that you can mute the speakers while headphone
gets the sound. The pre-out is the outlet for the Headphone. Probably  you need cinch-adapter for the headphone.
And you have to change the remote, you must select preamp on/of on the source button.

It has nothing to do with Core Infinity, it works with or without CI

That’s the way I’ve been trying to configure it. When it was working properly, I didn’t have to use buttons on the remote. It was enabled all the time, just switch the headphone amp on, mute the speakers and away you go.
South Coast England
(11-Dec-2017, 03:15)Axel Wrote: It was enabled all the time, just switch the headphone amp on, mute the speakers and away you go.

Ok, that is fine , than I can still use the tone-button to control tone, what I prefer