Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dynaudio Special 25 with D200?
Hello,

I have Dynaudio Special 25 speakers, currently driven by a Modwright integrated. Has anyone tried these speakers with a Devialet amp? Any opinions?
I am sure a D200 will work well with your Special 25. The model is not in the SAM data base which I guess would be an advantage. Can you arrange to try the amp with your speakers?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I'll be on the lookout for local offers to try the amp wity my speakers. I thought that Special 25 were popular speakers, so I am quite perplexed why they are not in the SAM database.
A D220 is sufficient for this speaker. Nice speaker choice, btw.
(19-Feb-2019, 19:13)blackholesun Wrote: I thought that Special 25 were popular speakers, so I am quite perplexed why they are not in the SAM database.

Unless someone brought the speaker to Devialet either in Paris or at one of the SAM Lab events it is more or less hit-and-miss which speakers make it to the SAM data base. Popularity seldom had anything to do with it apart from many owners=bigger chance of someone bringing the speaker to Devialet.

EDIT: If you ever get a chance to have your speakers SAMed, make sure they are measured both with and without the reflex port plug
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I was using Contour 1.3 SEs when I bought my 130 and I really liked the combination. I would think the Special 25s would work well with the 200.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I used to run my C1 with the 200. Although it does sound better with the Od’A, the 200 does punch way above its weight. I’d say go for it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(19-Feb-2019, 19:13)blackholesun Wrote: I'll be on the lookout for local offers to try the amp wity my speakers.

Where is local?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus