Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D400 blinking db light (orange)
I just took a look at the web page for the phono cube. It looks like it's a phono stage and if it's a phono stage you don't want to configure the Devialet's analog input as a phono input, you want to configure it as a line input. You don't need to worry about RIAA equalisation because the phono cube will already have done that, and boosted the cartridge output so that it is suitable for a line input. All you need to do is to match the max level setting in the Devialet's line input options to the output of the phono cube. Keep increasing the max level setting until the orange blinking light goes away. Unfortunately the web page for the phono cube doesn't give an output level spec or you could use that as a guide.

The Devialet settings shown in the photos above assume you're connecting the cartridge output directly to the Devialet and they are intended to configure the analog input to do the work of a phono stage but that is not necessary if you're connecting the output of a phono stage to the Devialet. The output of a phono stage is intended to go to a line input, not another phono stage input, and if you feed the output of one phono stage into a second phono stage you are going to overload the second phono stage, hence the orange blinking light. Increase the input setting until you don't get the orange blinking light. That light tells you that the input setting is too low.

So you have 2 options. Use the phono cube and configure the analog input on the Devialet as a line input, adjusting the max level setting as necessary to match the output of the phono cube, or don't use the phono cube but connect the cartridge output to the analog input on the Devialet and configure the input as a phono input as shown in the photos above.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
It could be, that the output voltage from your phonostage ist to high. Please raise the voltage for trying at the line input to 3 volts or a little bit more and check the results.

Elzi

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Hi David

Roger on that. I am clear on what is Phono and Line inputs. I have been using Line Input with the 47 Lab. Elzi earlier post earlier mistakenly thought that I was using the Phono input in the Devialte. Anyway, it is clear now. I will try to increase the voltage on the line input to 3 volts and hope no more scary blinking lights. Hope it is that simple and I do not need to change my phono stage or my cartridge! Smile
Digital:  Lumin D1 with Plixir LPSU
Conditioner:  Plixier BAC 1100
TT: Clearaudio Innovation, Koetsu Rosewood, Clarify Tonearm
Phono pre-amp:  47 Lab phono cube with power humpty power supply
Amps: D400 expert
Speakers: German Physiks Carbon IV
I am afraid it is still blinking even if I set it to 4 volts. Which is the likely culprit? The phono stage or the cartridge?
And what Happen if you reduze the output level to 1,5 Volts. Lights the blinking LED the same. Are you shure about your cardridge? How old is the unit? How much is the distance from your speaker to your TT. What TT do you own? Decoupled TT from set-up area?

I checked your signature. Your TT with tonearm and cardridge is awesome. Have you cleaned your stylus. How the stylus looks. Symmetric to all directions?

Thanks! I list down on my sig so that kind forummers like you who offer to help can have instant access to info. I do clean the cartridge regularly with zero dust. http://www.needledoctor.com/Onzow-Zerodust

Having said that, the Koetsu is really old. Maybe 1000 hrs past.
Phonopre or cardridge? When the cardridge sounds well with the phonostage from the Devs, I will tipp to your seperate phonopre. If not, it could be your cardridge. What' s about your sound preferences? Are you enjoy your seperate phonostage more than the embedded? If so, I would check the phonostage.