Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to configure Devialet for connecting active speakers?
A friend of mine wants to test some active speakers if they are ok. I told him he could use the Devialet for this, but up until now it seems i can't find how to configure the Devialet as pre-amp, which is propably needed to make this work...

Is there someone who can point me in the right direction?

Much thank yous in advance! Smile
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
In the configurator, click on the drop-down menu for one of the RCA Digital inputs (next to the AES/EBU) and select "Pre-amplified Output (Stereo)". That's assuming you want analog; otherwise you can select "Digital Output (SPDIF)" for a digital output.

Hope that helps...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(13-Oct-2017, 19:50)thumb5 Wrote: In the configurator, click on the drop-down menu for one of the RCA Digital inputs (next to the AES/EBU) and select "Pre-amplified Output (Stereo)".  That's assuming you want analog; otherwise you can select "Digital Output (SPDIF)" for a digital output.

Hope that helps...

Thank you for the reply, but those speakers do have actual speaker cable connectors and no RCA... These are the Infinity Overture 1...
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
(14-Oct-2017, 08:34)Bartype Wrote:
(13-Oct-2017, 19:50)thumb5 Wrote: In the configurator, click on the drop-down menu for one of the RCA Digital inputs (next to the AES/EBU) and select "Pre-amplified Output (Stereo)".  That's assuming you want analog; otherwise you can select "Digital Output (SPDIF)" for a digital output.

Hope that helps...

Thank you for the reply, but those speakers do have actual speaker cable connectors and no RCA... These are the Infinity Overture 1...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...s4XSJo6NBg

It looks like you simply connect them to the amplifier in the same way that you would with a passive speaker.  The manual indicates a recommended maximum amplifier power of 100w, so it might be worth restricting the Devialet's output in the configurator, or at least you should be careful with the volume control!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Are these passive mid/treble and a powered sub built in? Then ordinary speaker cables should do the job. Your friend gets the advantage of ADH for mid/treble Smile
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(14-Oct-2017, 09:00)Confused Wrote:
(14-Oct-2017, 08:34)Bartype Wrote:

Hope that helps...

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&...s4XSJo6NBg

It looks like you simply connect them to the amplifier in the same way that you would with a passive speaker.  The manual indicates a recommended maximum amplifier power of 100w, so it might be worth restricting the Devialet's output in the configurator, or at least you should be careful with the volume control!

Thank you guys, this is all very helpful! Smile