Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 week old remote not working anymore
I have a brand new remote that worked perfectly for about two weeks and then decided to stop working.

I only had one other AAA battery on hand which I tried, the light turned on but it was extremely faint. Wouldn't pair and the light eventually turned off forever.

I just bought some brand new good quality batteries, put them in and still nothing, no lights, no pairing, nothing. I tried switching the battery positions, still nothing.

Anyone else encounter this issue before?
Never heard of it and thankfully not encountered the issue. Seems to be a defective remote. I believe Devialet will be more than happy to exchange it.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
There seems to be a theme emerging that suggests that Phantom and associated products are not very reliable, even if you forgive the software.

What a pity that Devialet don't seem to care.
Might be faulty, I purchased my Remote almost one year ago (in one week's time) and only changed the Devialet-branded batteries last month.
(14-Oct-2017, 10:07)Gremlin Wrote: There seems to be a theme emerging that suggests that Phantom and associated products are not very reliable, even if you forgive the software.

What a pity that Devialet don't seem to care.

What negative!!

They sell thousends an thousends units and then only a few with a problem.

And always they solve this on the right way.

There is no company in the world who has no failures!
(14-Oct-2017, 09:00)Jayyyy Wrote: I have a brand new remote that worked perfectly for about two weeks and then decided to stop working.

I only had one other AAA battery on hand which I tried, the light turned on but it was extremely faint. Wouldn't pair and the light eventually turned off forever.

I just bought some brand new good quality batteries, put them in and still nothing, no lights, no pairing, nothing. I tried switching the battery positions, still nothing.

Anyone else encounter this issue before?

I have had the same  issue. I tried batteries from different brands. The third one a non-name worked. Maybe it was by accident but it helped.
When you have new batteries make sure you pair it properly. Stand close to the Phantoms, turn remote upside down and wait for the light to flash. I have found you have to be closer for pairing but then can use it further away.