Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Phantom Can't do Max Volume
Hi everyone I just purchased a brand new Phantom Gold and I'm having some BIG issues with it 

When I turn up the volume the music will cut out at anywhere 40% to 50% volume level. It makes some horrific sounds first then when I turn the volume back down it will play again. If I leave it at the level that it does that at it will make these noises, cut in and out then disconnect from either Airplay or Bluetooth. 

This does NOT seem like high quality to me. Has anyone experienced this or might know what is going on?
Is this both on Airplay and Bluetooth? Did you try the optical input? How are you controlling volume? If all inputs have the same error it's clearly something wrong with your Phantom.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(15-Oct-2017, 18:18)ogs Wrote: Is this both on Airplay and Bluetooth? Did you try the optical input? How are you controlling volume?  If all inputs have the same error it's clearly something wrong with your Phantom.

Yes tried on both. I've tried controlling volume on Spark, in the iTuens app, with phone control and with laptop control. What is the optical input? I'm not a genius in audio. Just looking for a half decent speaker. This is bothering me to no end. I've played with it for so many hours.
(16-Oct-2017, 01:31)phantomisjunk Wrote:
(15-Oct-2017, 18:18)ogs Wrote: Is this both on Airplay and Bluetooth? Did you try the optical input? How are you controlling volume?  If all inputs have the same error it's clearly something wrong with your Phantom.

Yes tried on both. I've tried controlling volume on Spark, in the iTuens app, with phone control and with laptop control. What is the optical input? I'm not a genius in audio. Just looking for a half decent speaker. This is bothering me to no end. I've played with it for so many hours.

If it cuts out at 50% of volume you have got yourself exactly what you wanted to buy; a half decent speaker Tongue  It's just crap for the other 50% of volume.

Seriously though, take it back to where you got it from. It looks to me that you bought a bad one.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

The Phantom has a Toslink optical input port where the power plug and RJ45 ethernet is. You'll need a device with optical output (like a CD or Blue Ray player) to use this. Volume in Spark.
Agree with Pim though. Take it back. It's most likely a faulty unit.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(16-Oct-2017, 20:42)ogs Wrote:

The Phantom has a Toslink optical input port where the power plug and RJ45 ethernet is. You'll need a device with optical output (like a CD or Blue Ray player) to use this. Volume in Spark.
Agree with Pim though. Take it back. It's most likely a faulty unit.

Hey, dont know if anyone will see this again. But i have exactly the same problem. The only difference is that ive had my Phantom Gold for over 2 years without any problems. Just suddely yesterday this volume problem started happening! The guy that first posted on this tread, what did you conclude with? Is there any way to fix this? Or do any other of you guys have any new information? Would be highly appreciated!
(19-May-2020, 14:20)MagnumG Wrote: Hey, dont know if anyone will see this again. But i have exactly the same problem. The only difference is that ive had my Phantom Gold for over 2 years without any problems. Just suddely yesterday this volume problem started happening! The guy that first posted on this tread, what did you conclude with? Is there any way to fix this? Or do any other of you guys have any new information? Would be highly appreciated!
Welcome to the forum...

The person who posted this more than 2 years ago is likely no longer using the forum?

Firstly, are you using DOS1 or have up graded to DOS2? Also, have you contacted Devialet Support?
(19-May-2020, 23:48)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(19-May-2020, 14:20)MagnumG Wrote: Hey, dont know if anyone will see this again. But i have exactly the same problem. The only difference is that ive had my Phantom Gold for over 2 years without any problems. Just suddely yesterday this volume problem started happening! The guy that first posted on this tread, what did you conclude with? Is there any way to fix this? Or do any other of you guys have any new information? Would be highly appreciated!
Welcome to the forum...

The person who posted this more than 2 years ago is likely no longer using the forum? 

Firstly, are you using DOS1 or have up graded to DOS2?  Also, have you contacted Devialet Support?
 Contacted support yesterday yeah. Ill try yo uppgrade to DOS2 aswell. Just so wierd that this happend out of nowere. Wounder what might be wrong. Thanks for responding btw!