Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet and Dante.
Anyone know any more about the Dante network protocol integration with the Phantoms?! This could be truly amazing!?
I fully agree! No new information has been released as far as I know - so nothing apart from the links posted elsewhere on the forum.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
My opinion is that there will always be a separation of using the Phantoms and maybe jointly with the Expert Pro in a say consumer electronics setup and special applications for professional installations (museums, airports, small concert rooms....) and for people with individual needs. The first setup will use Spark technology and the second will go with the Dante dongle. It seems that the Phantom HW implementation can handle low latency through S/PDIF with a special firmware but apparently not through the implemented ethernet HW. Therefore the third party dongle is required. On their website Devialet is asking for contacting them in case you would like to have a specific multichannel system setup in your home or business.
Audio over ethernet has been mostly professional applications as it allows low latency long distance data transmission including error correction. The problem is that there are many different protocols which are often specific to only a few companies. Dante (and more recently Ravenna) would be very good not only for Phantoms linking it to a Pro-model but also to a server/NAS but with only one ethernet input that will be not so easy if one does not like an external switch.