Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom firmware update to DOS 1.14.0.18
Finally the release note is here. It confirms the power update for the White Phantom.
http://releasenote.dvlt.io
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(31-Oct-2017, 13:47)ragwo Wrote: Finally the release note is here. It confirms the power update for the White Phantom.

What does this mean for the Silvers....? Anyone know? Thanks
(31-Oct-2017, 13:47)ragwo Wrote: Finally the release note is here. It confirms the power update for the White Phantom.

Cool. What a nice surprise. Even more happy owner of 2x White Phantom  Smile

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(31-Oct-2017, 14:39)Extra Gravity Wrote:

What does this mean for the Silvers....? Anyone know? Thanks

Well, I would say, no changes in sound for silver and gold. Wink

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(30-Oct-2017, 22:04)WarrenB Wrote: The update changes the Phantom from 750W to 1200W and from 99db to 101db by firmware update. Anyone noticed the difference?

I have silvers, so already 3000W and 103dB. Can't say I have noticed a difference.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I also hear no change in my Golds. We received our power fix update before when they magically removed the power supply chirping noise.
(31-Oct-2017, 18:27)streamy Wrote: I also hear no change in my Golds. We received our power fix update before when they magically removed the power supply chirping noise.

The real question is: Is the white one now as good as the gold one ? Confused Smile
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
I have two white and three silver Phantoms, so thought I would take some measurements with REW pre and post firmware update. Measurements were taken from the main listening position with a umik-1.

I have viewed all the REW analysis options, amplitude, phase, impulse, step, waterfall etc. etc., from these measurements and the only significant difference I could detect was in the amplitude (volume) of the white Phantom.
In line with the Devialet release notes, the updated white Phantoms measure 2dB louder across the frequency range.
(31-Oct-2017, 13:39)midi Wrote:
(31-Oct-2017, 00:13)mak972 Wrote:
(30-Oct-2017, 22:04)WarrenB Wrote: The update changes the Phantom from 750W to 1200W and from 99db to 101db by firmware update. Anyone noticed the difference?

How do you know that ? At the time I wrote this there is no documentation available about the update...

This is written in the email I got from Devialet.

Can you share this email with us ?
(31-Oct-2017, 21:52)mak972 Wrote:
(31-Oct-2017, 13:39)midi Wrote:
(31-Oct-2017, 00:13)mak972 Wrote: How do you know that ? At the time I wrote this there is no documentation available about the update...

This is written in the email I got from Devialet.

Can you share this email with us ?

This is the important original text (next to the text is a picture from the White Phantom):

"OK, NOT SO LITTLE.

This upgrade radically increases Phantom’s amplification power. From 750W to 1200W and 99dB to 101dB. Feel every note like never before. From lowest lows to the highest highs. A miracle."
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana