Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new power upgrade
Just received an email for a major upgrade via Spark taking power from 750 to 1200, has anyone tried it yet? Will the upgrade power up the Silvers? no mention on the email but it shows both silver and white phantoms.
(30-Oct-2017, 20:14)davidadamson Wrote: Just received an email for a major upgrade via Spark taking power from 750 to 1200, has anyone tried it yet? Will the upgrade power up the Silvers? no mention on the email but it shows both silver and white phantoms.

Just ran the update on white phantoms. I don't notice any marked improvement at normal listening levels.
Doesn't seem to be any release notes? http://releasenote.dvlt.io
That's really exciting news for White and Silver owners! I would love over 50% more power for my Golds Wink
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(30-Oct-2017, 20:14)davidadamson Wrote: Just received an email for a major upgrade via Spark taking power from 750 to 1200, has anyone tried it yet? Will the upgrade power up the Silvers? no mention on the email but it shows both silver and white phantoms.

Could you quote the whole email? That's really exciting news!
My Phantom Voyage
Given that you would need ten times the power to double the perceived loudness, I wouldn't get too excited.
Interesting though
It's less than 3dBA increase in Sound Pressure Level (SPL) which 99% of people will not hear the difference anyway.

Seems to be more a marketing ploy to make the uninitiated think they are getting something big for nothing...(other than bigger electricity bill!)
Maybe the dynamics will be improved a bit? Hopefully the background noise will stay the same.
My Phantom Voyage
For me it’s been a noticeable difference. It sounds much louder and thicker on the lows at higher volume levels.

For me 75% and above used to give me a slight decrease in bass and bass clarity. It would drop off. Now that bass drops off at 85-90%. Sometimes not at all.

It’s definitely louder. That’s for sure. Especially listening to the mid range. It really can be felt from the vocals.

It also. Honestly in my opinion widened the sound stage. It sounds much wider and effects are more open and distinct. I haven’t heard White Phantom like this before.

Incredible!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Wow. Best software update so far.

It's a big differce when playing over 70% volume. Bass is tighter and more powerfull. They really shine now.