Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Elevate
(04-Nov-2017, 15:27)hydr Wrote: Since the White was just firmware upgraded to the exact specs as this Elevate, is it possible they are able to firmware upgrade the ADH2 sub-system?
Many questions surrounding this one, I have 3 Gold, 2 Silver and 1 Whtie. But at this price I don´t mind picking up a couple of Elevate as well if it has AirPlay.

Once one component in the system is AirPlay enabled the whole system becomes AirPlay enabled.
Devialet 1000PRO CI,  Canton Reference 2.2DC, REL Carbon Special, Inakustik LS 2404 AIR, Digital, Ansuz MainzA2, 2x Gold Phantoms on Trees, Simaudio Moon 430HAD, Kennerton Thekk, Kennerton Rognir Dynamic

(04-Nov-2017, 23:10)streamy Wrote: First generation (no bluetooth) and 2nd gen (with bluetooth but no Airplay) Silver Phantoms feature ADH and not ADH2. They also have a TI DAC and not the Devialet DAQ. The specs in terms of distortion and noise are worse than what now is specified on the Devialet webpage that apparently describes a 3rd gen Phantom Silver. Same for the white Phantom that in comparison to the Silver Phantoms has been remamed to Phantom Evolution. The Gold Phantoms were from beginning equipped with all components of the 3rd gen Phantoms. These overall evolutions are great for new customers as in theory they should receive Phantoms with better sound quality. So far this was very evident for the Gold Phantoms, but had not been reported by Silver or White Phantom owners. Specifically, in the mids all Phantoms should sound the same and on lower volumes there should be no difference in the Bass neither. The titan tweeter of the Gold Phantom might be a bit better and might explain the higher transparency and airyness. Can anybody confirm such observations? I have first and 2nd gen Silvers and 2 Gold Phantoms. The Silver Phantoms sound still the same as on day 1 and the Golds also, except for the power supply noise that got removed with a firmware update around 6 months ago. Indeed the Phantoms are an evolutionary system. Curious what we can expect in the future.

So you would believe that they have secretly added ADH2 tech into newer Phantoms? The ones with AirPlay? Because the spec sheet on the website says all three Phantoms feature ADH2. The ONLY time they’d have been able to do that is if they added it when they added the AirPlay hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
As liquitech correctly indicates only one component in your Phantom setup needs to feature airplay to make the setup airplay compatible. To see if your Phantom is airplay compatible you configure it as Solo and check if you can enable the airplay feature in Spark. Even the first gen Phantoms can be fed through airplay when you use it together with a 2nd gen Dialog through its airplay. It can very well be that Devialet updated the new Phantoms with airplay and ADH2 at the same time.

Regarding Golding your Phantom or going with the Evolution instead: Golding brings 3dB compared to Silver and at least up to now a significantly improved SQ compared to the other Phantoms. The alternative way brings 3dB more if doubling the setup or the flexibility to place the additional Phantoms in other rooms in a multiroom setup. As owner of a pair of Golds I would now go for additional Phantoms for multichannel (I’m optimistic this comes in the future) or a multiroom setup. Without owning Golds I would Gold my Silver or White Phantoms to get a pair of Golds. It sounds so great and HQ!
I have done Gold my Silver Phantoms to get a pair of Golds. It sounds so great and HQ!
+1

It’s worth every penny   Heart

And after a month it sounds even better  Tongue
Once one component in the system is AirPlay enabled the whole system becomes AirPlay enabled.
[/quote]

If I have several rooms, can I designate each Phantom with their own AirPlay name?
Right now I can only play AirPlay in the living room with the golds.
Speaking to the operator:
Can you tell me more about the new Elevate?
Is this entirely new model, any hardware changes?

Devialet:
Theres no hardware changes. it will all appear with a firmware update
So it will not be an entirely new model.
I assumed this was a new revision of the base White Phantom at 1200W instead of 750W.
Surely we cannot get this with a firmware update... unless the original was severely under stressed!!
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
It just further confirms my speculation that ADH2 is a software based thing and this firmware on my White Phantom is considerably effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
All of the Phantoms are the same size and weight. The only difference is the electronics inside. The Gold does have a titanium tweeter. Devialet massively over engineers their products. The ADH2 upgrade is software. I received my upgrade to my Silver Phantoms about a week ago.  Then I noticed a difference in sound. The bass is now much cleaner. It sounds more like a Gold. I do not think ADH2 increased the power of the Silvers. But I think they made more of it available. The software appears to better optimize the power supply. I think that is why Devialet offered the Gold upgrade. They knew the Silver would be much better after the upgrade. The differences are subtle, but some songs that sounded harsh when you pushed the volume is now much more refined as you get louder. Before, going from 50-60 was a dramatic increase in sound and harshness. Now the entire range of volume is smooth. NICE! It is like getting a new pair of speakers for free.
It is unfortunate that dialog and the network are still not very stable. I have to do a system reset about a few times each month. One or both Phantoms gets lost or fades in and out. It would be nice when the networking issues are fixed. Plus, the Spark app should have a sleep function and an alarm clock function. It would make the system so much more useful.