Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Elevate
How can I setup AirPlay to work in multiple rooms with the Phantoms? I´m only able to select a single room to use AirPlay in via Spark?
(11-Nov-2017, 10:49)hydr Wrote: How can I setup AirPlay to work in multiple rooms with the Phantoms? I´m only able to select a single room to use AirPlay in via Spark?

I suspect there is a way via Spark, but I use Roon, a better experience all around, plus it lets me combine a Phantom with other airplay devices i.e. Apple TV  in different rooms.
According to Devialet.com the Elevate and Silver Phantom have the Devialet DAC, not the TI that was listed before. I wonder if that's a typo or if Devialet really has changed the DAC.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Devialet customer service just confirmed that both the Silver and White ships with the Devialet DAC. That's good news for new customers.
My Phantom Voyage
(15-Nov-2017, 10:21)ragwo Wrote: Devialet customer service just confirmed that both the Silver and White ships with the Devialet DAC. That's good news for new customers.

Does that mean ADH2? I've been trying to get an answer from Devialet customer service re.: ADH2 the last few days. Gold was launched with ADH2, Silver and Elevate is now listed on Devialet's site with ADH2. Is this hardware? Or is ADH2 just firmware? From a production point of view it would be far simpler if the internals of all Phantoms where identical. Difference would then be tweeter for Gold (which is just a plug-in module), side plates and colour of bass drivers plus firmware. Firmware would recognise which model it is run on and enable various differences  accordingly.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(15-Nov-2017, 10:54)ogs Wrote: Gold was launched with ADH2, Silver and Elevate is now listed on Devialet's site with ADH2. Is this hardware? Or is ADH2 just firmware?

I always thought it was hardware as illustrated by the following.

ADH technology sheet
ADH diagram

I don’t see how a change to firmware could upgrade ADH to ADH2.
Taking a big leap in speculation that the Devialet dac is software based, the signal would have to bypass the ADH TI dac but still connect to the ‘magic wire’. A software dac would also presumably require additional computing power and storage. Something unlikely to be going spare in the Phantom.
I believe that ADH2 went into all Phantoms right from the beginning.

EDIT: and then again, maybe I was thinking of the miniaturisation aspect and thought they called it ADH2, but perhaps not :
http://robbreport.com/gear/audio/deviale...r-2759592/
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
I still have not received an answer on this from Devialet. It is obviously a bit difficult for them to clarify this one! I also thought ADH2 was hardware. I agree that the miniaturisation may have lead to a mixup. ADH2 is maybe the algorithm or code which can be changed with a firmware update, but the DAC change is hardware. Do we know which DAC chip is used in Gold? I also doubt they use a software DAC.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Spoke with Devialet customer support and they confirmed that ADH2 is hardware.
Happy owner of 2xGold Phantoms, 2xRemotes, Dialog w/Airplay and Cocoon
(15-Nov-2017, 21:27)Hissbull Wrote: Spoke with Devialet customer support and they confirmed that ADH2 is hardware.

Thanks for the info!
My Phantom Voyage