Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New LE 120 owner need preamplifier out board and remote
Note that high-level speaker connection can only be considered with SAM OFF, otherwise you are feeding the subwoofer with a wrongly-modified signal intended for your main speaker woofers. The pre-out board feeds out a separate bass signal before the SAM is applied. I bought a D220 to get this facility, and now I can't listen unless my REL T2 sub is filling in the massive 50Hz suck-out I have in my room.

My question is: is the pre-out phase-corrected for the delay that SAM would introduce?
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
You can of course connect a sub directly to the speaker terminals using a 10k and a 2k resistor. The problem with this is that the main speaker is still receiving the whole frequency band.

With the pre-out, you can configure the Devilalet to send signals, say from 150Hz to the main speakers and let the sub do the work under 150Hz

Some subs have a built-in passive crossover, allowing you to connect main speakers which will receive a filtered signal. The T5 is not one of those however
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds