Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
firmware 1.14.1.3 ???
hello , 

sorry for my text, this is a google translation... my English is very bad Dodgy

I have 2 gold phantom, the bluetooth of one of them did not appear in spark .

I followed devialet's recommendations to update the firmware .

this is not solved the problem of non detection of bluetooth, but besides that my updated the firmawre with the number 1.14.1.3, while my second phanthom is my dialogue are staying in 1.14.0.18.

does anyone have an explanation about not detecting my bluetooth and this strange update?

thank you in advance
Have you tried a full reset of the Phantoms and the Dialog? It might be a dumb question, but have you enabled Bluetooth for both the speakers in Spark?
Have you contacted Devialet about the mysterious 1.14.1.3 firmware?

Edit:
Link to the reset procedure:
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic..._site=true
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
yes I have done several full reset, but without result.

the Bluetooth option is not accessible from one of the Phantoms, no Bluetooth option marked.

I will contact Devialet about this strange firmware number.

Thank you for your reply
I had myself many troubles with BT as you can read here : https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3254

Since the last update, BT works for the first time with the most recent chipsets but does not work any longer with old devices (old laptops with old BT chipsets and XP running).

Try to install the "Toshiba stack" wich is mentioned in the thread above.

(BTW, Devialet perfectly knows about BT issue since a long time)
Any news on the mysterious firmware?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I had a similar problem today.

My set up:  dedicated airport router doing only phantom stuff, connected by ethernet to dialog, 2 phantom golds which choose to use PLC to connect (their automatic choice not mine).  I use optical in to dialog for sonos and airplay from itunes on a mac which also runs spark.

Set up as been rock solid for at least a year with no problems during upgrades.

I update as infrequently as problems to avoid problems.

Updated today for the first time in months.

Was prompted first to update spark, and clicked yes to get the download.  However I did not open the download at that point since spark was now prompting me to update phantoms and dialog.  I did that, still running "old" spark.  It went through the usual process but then prompted me to do it again, and again, and again...  The first couple of times I assumed that maybe it was only updating one device at a time but eventually figured that it was asking too many times so I stopped.

At that point I closed spark and installed the updated version.

When I re-opened it music only played from one phantom even though spark could see both.  I checked the firmware and only one phantom was on 1.14.1.3 the other was on the old firmware.  It was the silent speaker that was on the old firmware.  I tried using spark to set up the system again but now it only saw one phantom - no amount of laying on of hands or button pressing or rebooting would get the other phantom to connect.  I tried the usual reboots, and eventually the full system reset process.  At this point things went haywire.  The phantom on the old firmware would not even respond to the three click reset.  It was warm, so getting power, but 100% non-responsive.  And the dialog light flickered extra rapidly.  Now spark failed to see either phantom.  Next time I reset the dialog I got the strong orange flash once a second that is reported elsewhere as a major problem.

Based on advice elsewhere on the web I tried power cycling the dialog six times with 3 seconds off 7 seconds on.  Problem remained - bright orange flashing light.  Since there was nothing else I could do I did this several times in the course of half an hour and then gave up.  A few minutes later I turned it back on normally and it worked fine.  No idea what went wrong or how it got fixed.  I gave it a normal reset for good measure and all continued well.

I still had the problem of the dead phantom.  I tried starting it without dialog but it did not establish the setup wifi network for spark to connect to.  Then I tried wiring it by ethernet to the same router as dialog is connected to.  Full resets on dialog and phantom.  Phantom still unresponsive.  After about 4 full resets of the phantom (which it did not respond to) I left it for an hour, reset it again and after about a minute it started singing.  I did another reset, to which it did respond with the click sound, and then used spark to set up a one phantom system, which I tested and worked. Then I disconnected the ethernet cable to the phantom, moved it back to its usual place and did a full reset on that phantom and the dialog.  I still had a functioning one phantom system connecting on plc.  Then I erased the set up, and added back the other phantom and set the two up as a pair.

Checked the firmware - now everything is on 1.14.1.3.  And it works as normal.

This took half a day to fix, and for a while I had a dialog and phantom so entirely non-functional that they were in a state that even resets could not get them out of.

I have no idea what went wrong - but it all started with the failure of spark to update one of the phantoms, the same problem that the original poster describes.  I half wonder if it would have been better to update spark before updating the phantoms - maybe my spark (last updated more than six months ago) lacked the functionality to be compatible with 1.14.1.3 firmware?

I won't be risking another "update" in a hurry!
Spark has not advised me to update to 1.14.1.13, and I asked Tech Support "why not"... no answer yet
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.
No reasonable response from Tech support as to why Spark did not initiate the update, but they advised me to do a complete "factory" rescue on the dialog and 5 Gold phantoms... which consists of ensuring each unit is connected to ethernet/internet and then of power cycling the units in a 3 second off -7 second on sequence repeated 3 times for each.... observe the woofers oscillating indicates that Devialet is downloading the latest firmware.... then power everything down for 1-2 hours... then power up with a push the rear button 5 times on each unit... then do your Spark config setup. Well it worked, all units on 1.14.1.3.

Tech update says 1.14.2.x is near release, and should fix "many" issues.

Oh boy....
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.