Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Firmware Update: How much closer does White/Silver get to Golds
(14-Nov-2017, 23:38)streamy Wrote:
(14-Nov-2017, 20:06)kmjy Wrote: I just don’t understand why people assume the Silver Phantom got an update too just because the White Phantom did? There was and isn’t a single mention of Silver Phantom.

That firmware update was EXCLUSIVELY for the White Phantom and alter absolutely nothing to do with the Silvers in terms of sound, power, or quality. The firmware had solved other general issues with all Phantoms. While enhancing White Phantom.

The same kind of update will launch for Silver later. White was priority as there is A LOT more untapped potential there to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The answer to your question is simple. On their website Devialet changed the specs sheet for the Silver Phantoms on both parts ADH2 and DAQ to the same specifications as the Gold Phantoms and the White Evolution. These changes in the specs are significant and should result in much better performance you experience with your white Phantom. So speculation is not that much that the Silver Phantoms should have audible improvements from these changes in hardware. I cannot hear any improvements in my silver that has the old hardware (as expected). So the question here is if anybody with the new Silver hardware got better SQ? It’s not about more ‘watts’, but about less noise and better hifi.

Nope. Because as of yet the Silver has not received new firmware attending to the. The spec is changed because all new Phantoms are shipping with the new sound methods. Only White is currently taking full advantage of that. In any way.

Devialet Phantom (White)
(12-Nov-2017, 07:42)MountainGuy Wrote: Thanks for all the replies.  Much appreciated. Will wait for you guys who own both to follow-up...Smile

Sorry for the late reply.  So in listening to my newly upgraded whites vs my golds I still find the golds to sound "bigger".  The whites have improved tremendously.  The low end is definitely more present, however, I don't hear a perceivable difference in the mids or highs.  This is where my golds shine.  Hope this helps.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Thanks. Very helpful of course.
(14-Nov-2017, 20:06)kmjy Wrote: I just don’t understand why people assume the Silver Phantom got an update too just because the White Phantom did? There was and isn’t a single mention of Silver Phantom.

That firmware update was EXCLUSIVELY for the White Phantom and alter absolutely nothing to do with the Silvers in terms of sound, power, or quality. The firmware had solved other general issues with all Phantoms. While enhancing White Phantom.

The same kind of update will launch for Silver later. White was priority as there is A LOT more untapped potential there to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal
How do you know the Silver's are getting an update?

How do you know an update for the Silver's will be coming? Thanks.
Phantom newbie here with my fresh set of White Elevates on trial. For what it’s worth no hiss at all. Plenty (too much?) bass. Disappear in room with uncanny imaging. I’m coming from Monitor Audio GX50 ribbon’s sound but this seems more coherent with more mid clarity but perhaps slight less top end? As I’ve posted elsewhere, I’m so impressed that I might jump up to Golds as I wonder if they would give that last bit better....