Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best way to stream Spotify Premium
Hello,

I've been waffling on whether to buy a pair of Phantoms. I think I'm finally there, but wanted advice on the best way to stream Spotify (using the Extreme setting). Is the Sonos Connect the way to go, or is there a better solution?

Thanks,

Steve
The Phantom supports Spotify Connect, so there's no need for Sonos.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
From what I know of Spotify Connect it, according to them, always use the Extreme setting (as you have no way of changing this setting)
I’ve tried different ways and Spotify Connect seems to be the best and simplest of them all. 
Decent SQ, no HiRes unfortunately.
Devialet 1000PRO CI,  Canton Reference 2.2DC, REL Carbon Special, Inakustik LS 2404 AIR, Digital, Ansuz MainzA2, 2x Gold Phantoms on Trees, Simaudio Moon 430HAD, Kennerton Thekk, Kennerton Rognir Dynamic

(15-Nov-2017, 22:18)liquitech Wrote: I’ve tried different ways and Spotify Connect seems to be the best and simplest of them all. 
Decent SQ, no HiRes unfortunately.

I Know that Spotify are Beta-testing Hi-Res / Lossless, they have already lowered the bit rate on the Premium to 256, probably so when they release the Hi-Res the difference will be obvious "Money Makes the World Go Around"
Some people on Forums had a nicer conclusion so they said "Maybe Spotify have made a more efficient compression so users don't need to use that much data"

I tried other Hi-Res services like Qobuz / Tidal but they were not as sophisticated when it came to the aid me in the type of use I have

I CANNOT wait until Spotify release their Hi-Res service
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
I too can’t wait for Spotify lossless. I’m hoping with Spotify connect in the Core Infinity Board, Spotify can identify its beta customers.

How do you know Spotify are testing it though? I think there were some pricing tests, but I don’t know if any actual upgraded SQ in product tests.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

I just ordered 2 Phantoms and a Dialog. Can't wait to try them out. If they are good as I hope, I'll be selling my 2 channel setup.
(16-Nov-2017, 21:16)rchinn Wrote: I too can’t wait for Spotify lossless. I’m hoping with Spotify connect in the Core Infinity Board, Spotify can identify its beta customers.

How do you know Spotify are testing it though? I think there were some pricing tests, but I don’t know if any actual upgraded SQ in product tests.

I read it in a Spotify Forum, as there have been many ( not enough though) wanting Spotify to also go Hi-Res, this was already like 4-6 months ago, so it will come, and now Spotify have taken the step to downgrade Premium so there will be audible difference for their customer who who goes for Hi-Res.
You can probably google by using Spotify+Lossless
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
I don't expect spotify to have this anytime soon:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Id...i-p/700006

spotify Wrote:Updated on 2017-10-27
Thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. We really appreciate it. We haven't updated the status in a while and we're here to let you know we think this is a Good Idea. This doesn't mean it is in our current timeline, just that we like this idea. If this idea does become a part of our plans we'll change this to 'Under Consideration'. Until then just keep leaving your feedback here so we can pass it on internally. Thank you!
Exactly. There has been talk of Spotify premium for almost a year. I think they are still prioritising numbers of users on the platform rather than maxing revenue per customer.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden