Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
(24-Mar-2018, 08:07)Axel Wrote:
(24-Mar-2018, 06:26)Alve Wrote: Hi guys,
Since I’m having a problem with being unable to play Mac mini Audirvana through upnp so I cannot compare that to my current Mac mini to Devialet by usb. Did anyone test usb from a Mac to upnp on pro with CI? The reason I’m asking, I’m frustrated as my upnp does not work. However if some one will confirm that usb sq is not worse than upnp or air, then I will sleep well againWink

On another note, I have a lot of iso sacd images on my nas and I found only Audirvana can play them, so who things there is better setup then Mac mini to Devialet and what would it be? Maybe not this forum, sorry for this
If you don’t want to use Audirvana to play your ISOs, you can use a Mac program by Sonore called ISOtoDSD to convert them, then play them with your chosen software, probably Roon in your case. If you decide to use ISOtoDSD, don’t forget to copy your artwork to the new folder that your DSD files are in.

Thanks for the tip, I will use Audirvana to play ISO I have 7 tb of music and converting will take a monthWink
Vandersteen 5A, d220 pro CI , Dyrholm Audio x series cables all the way, qnap 451+,Mac mini Audirvana, dedicated circuits. Moscow Russia
(24-Mar-2018, 13:14)Alve Wrote:
(24-Mar-2018, 08:07)Axel Wrote:
(24-Mar-2018, 06:26)Alve Wrote: Hi guys,
Since I’m having a problem with being unable to play Mac mini Audirvana through upnp so I cannot compare that to my current Mac mini to Devialet by usb. Did anyone test usb from a Mac to upnp on pro with CI? The reason I’m asking, I’m frustrated as my upnp does not work. However if some one will confirm that usb sq is not worse than upnp or air, then I will sleep well againWink

On another note, I have a lot of iso sacd images on my nas and I found only Audirvana can play them, so who things there is better setup then Mac mini to Devialet and what would it be? Maybe not this forum, sorry for this
If you don’t want to use Audirvana to play your ISOs, you can use a Mac program by Sonore called ISOtoDSD to convert them, then play them with your chosen software, probably Roon in your case. If you decide to use ISOtoDSD, don’t forget to copy your artwork to the new folder that your DSD files are in.

Thanks for the tip, I will use Audirvana to play ISO I have 7 tb of music and converting will take a monthWink

I know the feeling. I spent most of last week converting ISOs to DSD, then copying them to my NAS drive and to the backup drives. Boring work, but well worth the effort.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(19-Mar-2018, 03:07)philoouu Wrote: ... they are supposed to write another one at some point....

I heard from a reliable source it was penned for 2025. The initial planning phase anyway. You wouldn’t believe how complex the coding is for a rotating dial. Expect to be dazzled!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<