Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Core Infinity listening impressions and comparisons
David, that's a helpful report (particularly for those like me still waiting to get the CI installed) - thanks. Good to hear that you're pleased with the upgrade.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
It's well worth doing, particularly as Devialet make the upgrade process so painless. I waited quite a while before going for the CI upgrade and wish i'd done it earlier. A definite step up in SQ - mid range clarity seems to be much improved revealing a lot of fine detail in familiar albums which i'd not noticed before. Bass has more texture and definition. From a SQ point of view, no downsides for me - my 220 is sounding magnificent.

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
Think beta 12 and the CI update work wonderfully we together - look forward to the next software release which must be iminente now...
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
One thing i would say is it's worth powering down the amp after doing the upgrade rather than the system reset via the power button. After fiddling about with various inputs, doing the Beta load etc over the last week, things were starting to sound a bit off - I couldn't quite put my finger on what was up as nothing obviously sounded 'wrong' but my system was just not making music...
I powered the amp down totally last night (first time since getting it back from Devialet) by pulling out the mains plug. Powered back up this morning and the magic is back again. I've not had it do this before so hopefully it's just a one off.

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
It's probably best to do as you say james, this was also mentioned to me on the DVLA technical helpline too when i enquired about beta SW reliability.

I do a full power cycle with the SD card removed so has factory configuration before any firmware updates applied.
I let it run through the install them put it on standby and power down via the front switch.
Then i reinsert the SD card with required config and start up by holding the front button down for 5 seconds till the 'reboot' begins

And if i want to run a new config i always run the factory config through first.
What D do you have.
I had same problems with 1000 Pro. It was problem with synchronisation of the amps. Companion did play bit later and all sounded weird. I did measure the amps and could confirm this problem. Power totally off and on did solve the problem.
Hey folks! This is a fabulous thread, see link below, take a look! Unfortunately, nobody has posted there since January, but it's a terrific thread nevertheless.

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4725
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hello
After the CI upgrade, for me the most "painful" stuff is the Iphone App not working correctly. I got it confirmed by Devialet; they are supposed to write another one at some point but in the meantime I find it very annoying.
I always turn on/off my Devialet with the App and I also adjust the volume with it. I rarely use the real remote.
After a few hours/few days, the Iphone App will not find the Devialet. The ONLY way to sort it ou is to reboot the Devialet (either plug off the cable or push 5 seconds on the front button). Before CI it used to happen too (very rarely) and switching on the Devialet with the real remote was enough to fix it.
This is very annoying and I am really disappointed since it is very basic function that most of the people need to use.
I would imagine people are much bothered by that than enjoying the new features of CI !
PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(19-Mar-2018, 03:07)philoouu Wrote: Hello
After the CI upgrade, for me the most "painful" stuff is the Iphone App not working correctly. I got it confirmed by Devialet; they are supposed to write another one at some point but in the meantime I find it very annoying.
I always turned on/off my Devialet with the App and I also adjust the volume with it. I rarely use the real remote.
After a few hours/few days, the Iphone App will not find the Devialet. The ONLY way to sort it ou is to reboot the Devialet (either plug off the cable or push 5 seconds on the front button). Before CI it used to happen too (very rarely) and switching on the Devialet with the real remote was enough to fix it.
This is very annoying and I am really disappointed since it is very basic function that most of the people need to use.
I would imagine people are much bothered by that than enjoying the new features of CI !

See post #227
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(19-Mar-2018, 03:07)philoouu Wrote: Hello
I always turn on/off my Devialet with the App and I also adjust the volume with it. I rarely use the real remote.

Hi - there's a really easy fix to this. Double tap the home button on your remote. Close the app properly. Restart the app...