Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problems with Core Infinity
Hope to see a changelog added soon for Beta 10
(10-Jan-2018, 23:12)markush Wrote: Hope to see a changelog added soon for Beta 10

Ridiculous that Devialet haven't supplied this. They initiate a Beta Software Program, which requires everyone who joins it to keep quiet (confidentiality), but they themselves don't communicate with those who are part of the Beta Program (I sent 3 emails to coreinfinitybeta@devialet.com since 13th Dec. when Beta Program started, but no replies).

So nearly 3 months after the CI program commenced Devialet still don't have fully stable software, with at least limited features, but to get the more robust software with limited bugs you have to join the Beta Program, but then have clauses below that you have to agree with that removes Devialet of any liability for damage caused by the Beta software  Confused

10. Limitation of Liability 

In no event shall Devialet be liable to you or any other party for damages of any kind arising from the installation or use of the Beta Program, whether resulting from a tort (including negligence), breach of contract, warranty or other form of action, including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, incidental and consequential damages, of any kind arising in any way out of the Beta Program, even if advised of the possibility of such damage. 
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
FWIW the PDF file included with the new BETA software does have a section which lists the known issues with the current BETA.

DSD64 support still not available for those with a master and companion (via AIR & UPnP)
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Got my email with link, happy
Not so happy: "Our team may not respond directly but rest assured we read and analyze all reports."
@Celts88
I wonder whether the Limitation of Liability clause would stand up in court?
Seems strange that they acknowledge the fact that the Beta software could damage our units, but then deny liability for something that they have supplied.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(11-Jan-2018, 01:25)baddog Wrote: FWIW the PDF file included with the new BETA software does have a section which lists the known issues with the current BETA.

DSD64 support still not available for those with a master and companion (via AIR & UPnP)

That's great progress made by Devialet;

1. DOS 2.1.0 - 176.4 kHz files do not play on dual mono with Air and UPnP.
2. DOS 2.2.0 (Beta 10, 2nd Release)  - Via Air and UPnP, 176.4 kHz files, including DSD 64, are not supported by Companion

So DOS 2.1.0 only 176.4, whereas DOS 2.2.0 no 176.4 or DSD 64. Also 1st release had 2 known issues, whereas 2nd release has the same 2 issues, with an additional one included  Confused

That must be the step backwards I mentioned previously   Rolleyes

Joking aside, Devialet releasing the 2nd Beta Software is an improvement and no doubt there will have been progress made so kudos to them for this, but the T&C's associated with the Beta Software is very onerous, i.e. risk all on the customer and no risk with Devialet - that's the big disappointment  Undecided
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I just roll with the punches these days, consider my locale and you will understand why.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I am having issues with UPnP dropping at 24/192.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
today I've received my upgraded expert pro 220. I noticed the following problem: when I use the analog input I've every 10 seconds an annoying strange noise. Does any one else have the problem?
Can’t get upnp working, probably down to me rather than the 220, everything else seems ok.
Does anyone know how to use innuos as a server to upnp on the 220?

I detect improved sound quality on vinyl strangely, usb sounding much as before.