Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problems with Core Infinity
Having sent my 1000 pro in 10 days ago I inquired when I would get them back. I was told today they have ‘15 business days or more’ to get them back to me....wwwwwhat? 

To me, it feels like my amps are being held hostage (since word leaked that they are coming back compromised) till the software is acceptable. Knowing this now, I would never have sent my amps in for a core board I still, to this day, have no idea how it will benefit the way I use the Devialet...very dissapointing.
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
Di was a little concerned that I would expected to send my 250 for upgrade to CI at the same time as I was awaiting new speakers. I phoned Oceane who assured me that I did not need to send my amp before Xmas and helped to have the shipping 'button' made available on my account. Also said that the process would take 20 days. Whether that is 20 working days or 20 sequential days, I do not know.
(29-Nov-2017, 02:49)Wdw Wrote:
(29-Nov-2017, 02:03)Dan Wrote: Having sent my 1000 pro in 10 days ago I inquired when I would get them back. I was told today they have ‘15 business days or more’ to get them back to me....wwwwwhat? 

To me, it feels like my amps are being held hostage (since word leaked that they are coming back compromised) till the software is acceptable. Knowing this now, I would never have sent my amps in for a core board I still, to this day, have no idea how it will benefit the way I use the Devialet...very dissapointing.

Was told today they are doing the same here in Canada....awaiting new firmware before releasing the units they have in house.  My D440 is now a hostage as well....just completely absurd.  At this point I have no respect for Devialet.  If they hadn’t worked so hard to kill the resale price I’d be dumping them as soon as they return.

If this is truly the strategy and it affects a large number of owners waiting for the return of their stereos this will create untold bad will...the stupidity of this is staggering.
Totally crazy  Dodgy .
Melco N1A, Valhalla Pow.C.-FTA usb,-D200,Chord Sarum Super Aray Pow.C.-Chord Sarum T Speaker C.(Nordost Frey2)-Harbeth 40.2, (Magnepan 3.7).
I'm beginning to regret my recent purchase of my 220 pro with all the confusion and waiting and promises, it just seems very haphazard and unprofessional how customers are treated. Come back Naim all is forgiven.
(29-Nov-2017, 14:52)kompressor Wrote: I'm beginning to regret my recent purchase of my 220 pro with all the confusion and waiting and promises, it just seems very haphazard and unprofessional how customers are treated. Come back Naim all is forgiven.

Am on the Naim forums as well as this one, it would appear that they have as many issues with software as Devialet. Given Naim's predilection for many constituent parts, their problems are becoming harder for them to be able to accommodate over the whole product portfolio. One reason for me going Devialet was to reduce the number of boxes. After all, there are only one or two boxes to be considered in the Devialet portfolio, although the Phantoms and Sky boxes have muddied the waters somewhat.
I have a CI upgraded 220. The other evening I cycled through the various screens on the amp, and it does have a message saying the wifi is not connected, or on... I redid the config and it is on in the configurator. So wifi does not seem to be functional. I realize that I'm using the digital 1/ coax input only, so everything works for me as before.... possibly a benefit to a very simple system. I don't use the ethernet input (I don't think so at least) and the iPhone remote is not working. Again, not a big deal for me, but that is just me.

I realize that I have the new hardware, but not the software to make it go- in my case, that is not a problem. For many others, it clearly will be.

I think it would have helped if their communication had indicated more clearly/ very clearly that the function of the board and amp would not be ready at the same time as the hardware. Even to say which aspects of the amp would not be functional with the CI board installed. That would have helped those with more advanced set ups decide on when to actually send in amps for the upgrade and would have helped avoid disappointment. Sure sounds good, though.

Off-topic but in reference to posts above, Devialet has nothing on Naim in terms of confusion, annoyance, buggy software or unreliable connections. Or cryptic support or arrogance. IMH experience.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I have no doubt Devialet will make this right in the long run.  But I'm scratching my head wondering why Devialet would have customers send in their systems for the CI upgrade prior to having the software side solid.   Now, had they asked for volunteers who were willing to take the chance and use alpha/beta software initially, that would be different.   But best I can tell, that's not what has occurred.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(29-Nov-2017, 17:52)mdconnelly Wrote: I have no doubt Devialet will make this right in the long run.  But I'm scratching my head wondering why Devialet would have customers send in their systems for the CI upgrade prior to having the software side solid.   Now, had they asked for volunteers who were willing to take the chance and use alpha/beta software initially, that would be different.   But best I can tell, that's not what has occurred.
I guess they count on Devialet owners endless patience.
Melco N1A, Valhalla Pow.C.-FTA usb,-D200,Chord Sarum Super Aray Pow.C.-Chord Sarum T Speaker C.(Nordost Frey2)-Harbeth 40.2, (Magnepan 3.7).
I think they picked their poison between missing another date and giving alpha software. If the SQ is improved significantly as some have alluded to, everything will be quickly forgotten. I just placed my order to upgrade 2 x 250pro.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
Stay tuned for a log entry update tomorrow! Smile)