Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problems with Core Infinity
(27-Nov-2017, 16:37)Zappydev Wrote:
(27-Nov-2017, 16:29)Celts88 Wrote:
(26-Nov-2017, 21:10)markush Wrote: There should be a new version available tomorrow - which might already be beta. Don't know though when Devialet will start to roll out software /firmware updates as they have their standards for stability.

Markhus

That’s really professional by Devialet, take someones Pro that’s working perfectly fine, upgrade it with the new CI board, but don’t have robust software in place that makes Wi-Fi / Ethernet connections to the upgraded Pro unusable.

Another outstanding piece of business by Devialet (not) [Image: -1.png?v=5]
I don't thing anyone who has been here for a while is remotely surprised at this, but I share the pain of the early adopters. I hope it gets resolved soon. I can hear Hifi_Swlon chortling from here SmileSmile

No chortling.

I just find it utterly bizarre anyone’s sending their machines in for upgrade, or pinning any hope on Devialet’s promises. I mean I find it truly, completely, mind blowingly bonkers.

Devialet for once actually publicly said it’s not ready and described what sounded like an absolute car crash of a situation, on top of what we already know of the brand. Yet still people believe......

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Well, each to their own, I guess.

I only use Roon/AIR, and don't have a convenient option for using USB even if I wanted to, so my system is going nowhere until this nonsense is resolved. Based on past experience, that could take a year or more, although I very much hope that is not the case. One thing is for sure - if Devialet told me that 'le ciel est bleu' I would need to go outside and check for myself.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Glad to shed some more light into that. Roon Air on the Core Infinity is already running stable - so software rollout (involving Roon) should be happening very soon. Of course anyone can update when feeling comfortable.
(27-Nov-2017, 16:29)Celts88 Wrote:
(26-Nov-2017, 21:10)markush Wrote: There should be a new version available tomorrow - which might already be beta. Don't know though when Devialet will start to roll out software /firmware updates as they have their standards for stability.

Markhus

That’s really professional by Devialet, take someones Pro that’s working perfectly fine, upgrade it with the new CI board, but don’t have robust software in place that makes Wi-Fi / Ethernet connections to the upgraded Pro unusable.

Another outstanding piece of business by Devialet (not) [Image: -1.png?v=5]

There are two branches available of the software. One of course is stable and much better than existing one for Wi-Fi / Ethernet connection (as well UPnP) More about that in the upcoming log entry today.
As mentioned here is the update from Devialet / https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic..._site=true
Thanks to the heads-up from Markush, I installed the new firmware today. I have Roon connected by the newest Devialet Air to the Expert 220. The info window now calls it Air instead of Ethernet. It was stable though one album in my library, but stuttering when playing Room radio. Haven't had time to investigate - it could be Tidal is not in exclusive mode (that had been a problem once before). Bluetooth also shows up an option. Airplay not available yet. Anyways, it's a start. Will have more time to play around with it this weekend.
Glad to say that Roon Air works with the new CI board! Had the problem "transport: roon lost connection ..." which can be very easily fixed when unplugging the power chord. Passed on information of log files to development team - so they are investigating this which has just been happening to a few users after the software update.
My Roon Air is finally working! I deleted the Devialet Air app. There are still hiccups - a few dropouts while I was playing the new Neil Young MQA version. Marcus, are there any settings I should be aware of?
Also, the Bluetooth window has disappeared from the Devialet 220. Not something I would use a lot, but something I wanted to try.
They are tuning the software. Watch out for the next Release Candidate or Beta to be released.