Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet cable upgrade
(03-Dec-2017, 09:56)audio_engr Wrote:
(02-Dec-2017, 15:15)K4680 Wrote: 1. From switch to network isolator to Melco, from Melco to Linn Klimax
2. From switch to network isolator to Devialet

Thats a lot of $$$  ..  Big Grin
Hello audio_engr, do not remember it Angry Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I use from my modem to my router audioquest Carbon cat700 (2mtr)
From my router to D-link switch audioquest forest cat 700 (11mtr)
From my D-link switch to Devialet i use a audioquest vodka (1,5mtr)
Everything with good succes!

A few weeks ago i discovered even better upgrades for sq qobuz sublieme plus and 4K tv, Netflix etc.:
Change your switching powersupply’s from resp: modem, router and switch into SBooster BOTW powersupply’s !
In my case the difference is better then with change the ethernetcables
The biggest change was on the modem, then the router and at last the switch.
(09-Dec-2017, 14:16)Johnnydev Wrote: I use from my modem to my router audioquest Carbon cat700 (2mtr)
From my router to D-link switch audioquest forrest cat 700 (11mtr)

A few weeks ago i discovered even better upgrades for sq qobuz sublieme plus and 4K tv, Netflix etc.:
Change your switching powersupply’s from resp: modem, router and switch into SBooster BOTW powersupply’s !

Hello, I agree with you. I run my router, and the switch all with ifi-iPower power supplies! (The iPower is an extremely low-noise power supply). Very satisfied! Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(09-Dec-2017, 14:42)K4680 Wrote:
(09-Dec-2017, 14:16)Johnnydev Wrote: I use from my modem to my router audioquest Carbon cat700 (2mtr)

Hello, I agree with you. I run my router, and the switch all with ifi-iPower power supplies! (The iPower is an extremely low-noise power supply). Very satisfied! Shy

I have also used One ifi iPower for testing and that was a good step forward, but the sbooster go further. If you can afford it, i would say give it a try. I had a try period of two weeks
(09-Dec-2017, 14:50)Johnnydev Wrote:
(09-Dec-2017, 14:42)K4680 Wrote:

I have also used One ifi iPower for testing and that was a good step forward, but the sbooster go further. If you can afford it, i would say give it a try. I had a try period of two weeks

Ok thanks, a good tip! Already a project for 2018 Rolleyes
Germany / Bavaria

Thks for the advice! I have on my system now 2 aq vodka.
One from the switch to devialet and i have put one between ethernet point and macbook pro.
Difference in sound is very audible, the most i ve noticed is in instruments separation and un -digitalizing the sound.
I didnt remove any one or tried any other configuration till now.
Should i place one between modem and router instead of the eth point and macbook?

Macbook pro -Air-Roon/-tidal-Devialet200 /frw 10.1.0-power cord burmester: vde reg nr9990
Power conditionner:isotek evo3+isotek sequel pc
Spkr cables: acoustic zen satori
Speakers:wilson audio sabrina
(09-Dec-2017, 19:31)samsoum Wrote:

Thks for the advice! I have on my system now 2 aq vodka.
One from the switch to devialet and i have put one between ethernet point and macbook pro.
Difference in sound is very audible, the most i ve noticed is in instruments separation and un -digitalizing the sound.
I didnt remove any one or tried any other configuration till now.
Should i place one between modem and router instead of the eth point and macbook?

Macbook pro -Air-Roon/-tidal-Devialet200 /frw 10.1.0-power cord burmester: vde reg nr9990
Power conditionner:isotek evo3+isotek sequel pc
Spkr cables: acoustic zen satori
Speakers:wilson audio sabrina

normally the best cable should be at the end of the chain for the greatest improvement
Hi Johnnydev, I borrowed today at my dealer a KECES P8 power supply with two zones for testing. Will router and switch on the P8 with power supply and let's see what changes!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Germany / Bavaria
(13-Dec-2017, 18:51)PK4680 Wrote: Hi Johnnydev, I borrowed today at my dealer a KECES P8 power supply with two zones for testing. Will router and switch on the P8 with power supply and let's see what changes!

If its possible test then also on your (cable) modem :-)
(14-Dec-2017, 08:35)Johnnydev Wrote:
(13-Dec-2017, 18:51)PK4680 Wrote: Hi Johnnydev, I borrowed today at my dealer a KECES P8 power supply with two zones for testing. Will router and switch on the P8 with power supply and let's see what changes!

If its possible test then also on your (cable) modem :-)

Hi, modem and router are one device!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Germany / Bavaria