Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet cable upgrade
(14-Dec-2017, 17:31)K4680 Wrote:
(14-Dec-2017, 08:35)Johnnydev Wrote:
(13-Dec-2017, 18:51)PK4680 Wrote: Hi Johnnydev, I borrowed today at my dealer a KECES P8 power supply with two zones for testing. Will router and switch on the P8 with power supply and let's see what changes!

If its possible test then also on your (cable) modem :-)

Hi, modem and router are one device!

Then you are lucky
Hi just an update on my system, after the slight improvement in sq brought by aq vodka, i added 3 ifi power supply to modem router and switch.
In my system they brought more clear jump in sq;quiter backround, i can listen easily to more details at lower volume, micro details , seperation, all jumped!
This is day 1, did they need break in??
I m happy for the jump in sq!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I previously setup a LPS powered switch and a FMC pair. Adding the LPS to the switch made a noticeable difference - FMC was already on LPS.

Recently, I’ve gone with a direct connection from a MacBook > Supra CAT8 > FMC > optical > FMC (LPS) > Wireworld Platinum Starlight CAT8 > D400.

This config sounded better than going through the switch with respect to realism of sound.
• Devialet 400 + Magico Q1
(20-Jan-2018, 19:20)samsoum Wrote: Hi just an update on my system, after the slight improvement in sq brought by aq vodka, i added 3 ifi power supply to modem router and switch.
In my system they brought more clear jump in sq;quiter backround, i can listen easily to more details at lower volume, micro details , seperation, all jumped!
This is day 1, did they need break in??
I m happy for the jump in sq!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi samsoum,

My experience with the AQ vodka and the liniar power supplies are the same as by you! 

And Yes they need a break in period, but in my case it was directly clear from the beginning that the SQ improves a lot, but also the pictures and films on my 4K TV. :-)

I could say to everyone, just give it a try on your modem, router and switch.(in that order)

The ifi Power supplies gives very good results. The Sbooster’s going a step further, but are also a lot more expensive
Hi johnnydev ,
I didn t want to expand my review for tv picture, but definitely yes.
I m using a small device for live channels streaming, and image become clearear, more detailed.
Amazing ! I m wondering how the sq will improve let s say with hdplex or sbooster.
Very very satisfied.
Next step , today or tomorrow, i m isolating the ELCB of the electrical plug my hifi is hooked in, a friend told this will enhance the sq further!
I will report back!

(Router+ modem + switch with upgraded ifi ps) /switch_aq ethernet vodka -macbookpro-Air ethernet Roon/-tidal-Devialet200 /frw 10.1.0-power cord burmester: vde reg nr9990
Power conditionner:isotek sirius evo3+isotek sequel pc
Spkr cables: acoustic zen satori
Speakers:wilson audio sabrina
Has anybody tried Meicord Ethernet cables? I put one between my switch and Devialet, and the jump in SQ was easily heard. They aren’t expensive and are good quality.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(21-Jan-2018, 15:31)Axel Wrote: Has anybody tried Meicord Ethernet cables? I put one between my switch and Devialet, and the jump in SQ was easily heard. They aren’t expensive and are good quality.

Yes, i tried them, good cable, but i like the AQ cat 700, cinnamon and the vodka more.
Got a couple of Cat6e Meicords and Cat7 AQ Vodkas. If I go all Meicord things sound a bit clearer but slightly leaner in bass. All Vodka and the sound has more impact and bass but I would say a touch veiled in the detail department compared to Meicord. I use a mixture.
I hate to even suggest that there is a difference in bloody ethernet cables but there it is - maybe it is a Cat6e vs Cat7 thing, whatever that is...... Huh
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     
(21-Jan-2018, 17:54)KIBM Wrote: Got a couple of Cat6e Meicords and Cat7 AQ Vodkas. If I go all Meicord things sound a bit clearer but slightly leaner in bass. All Vodka and the sound has more impact and bass but I would say a touch veiled in the detail department compared to Meicord. I use a mixture.
I hate to even suggest that there is a difference in bloody ethernet cables but there it is - maybe it is a Cat6e vs Cat7 thing, whatever that is...... Huh

According to the Meicord site, the dressing of the cables so that they don’t cross each other on the way to the plug, eliminates NEXT (Near End Cross Talk).
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(22-Jan-2018, 02:39)Axel Wrote:
(21-Jan-2018, 17:54)KIBM Wrote: Got a couple of Cat6e Meicords and Cat7 AQ Vodkas. If I go all Meicord things sound a bit clearer but slightly leaner in bass. All Vodka and the sound has more impact and bass but I would say a touch veiled in the detail department compared to Meicord. I use a mixture.

According to the Meicord site, the dressing of the cables so that they don’t cross each other on the way to the plug, eliminates NEXT (Near End Cross Talk).

Must admit that its ethernet spaghetti junction behind my system. I'll give it a go. Meicords are unshielded so may be more susceptible to crosstalk? Apart from the fact that they are rather stiff and springy, they are great cables and worth the money.
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK