Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet cable upgrade
I always thought that the CAT8 standardisation for STP Ethernet cabling is far from being agreed in the standartization bodies :-) I always new that digital audio will overtake any highend DC requirements :-) Imagine the audio Bitrate you could do via a 40Gbps connection.

Seriously, get some good DC approved cables and have a look for the termination of the shielding of the cables. A standard RJ45 jack will not allow the shielding to be terminated. If you use a shielded cable, terminate the shielding to PE .
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
Bought a 0.75 Metre AQ Vodka for a trial, ROON ROCK to the dCS Bridge, and was suitably impressed.
Wasn't expecting it to be but it was clearly a softer (less digital hash) and more articulate presentation when compared to the cable that came with the Bridge. Who knew.
So it is to the mysteries of digital madness!
(18-Feb-2018, 03:50)Wdw Wrote: Bought a 0.75 Metre AQ Vodka for a trial, ROON ROCK to the dCS Bridge, and was suitably impressed.
Wasn't expecting it to be but it was clearly a softer (less digital hash) and more articulate presentation when compared to the cable that came with the Bridge. Who knew.

Try running the Vodka last in the chain. From the dCS bridge to the Devialet in your case I guess. I’ve heard that this is where the increase in SQ is more noticeable.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(18-Feb-2018, 04:01)Axel Wrote:
(18-Feb-2018, 03:50)Wdw Wrote: Bought a 0.75 Metre AQ Vodka for a trial, ROON ROCK to the dCS Bridge, and was suitably impressed.  
Wasn't expecting it to be but it was clearly a softer (less digital hash) and more articulate presentation when compared to the cable that came with the Bridge.  Who knew.  

Try running the Vodka last in the chain. From the dCS bridge to the Devialet in your case I guess. I’ve heard that this is where the increase in SQ is more noticeable.

Using AES/XLR from the bridge to the D.  Ethernet Vodka to the bridge then balanced out to the D.
(13-Feb-2018, 09:31)Johnnydev Wrote:
(13-Feb-2018, 02:04)Axel Wrote:
(12-Feb-2018, 19:04)BoyScout Wrote: I´m trying to find a short (0,5m) ethernet cable to link my dev directly to router, i don´t have the swith between anymore.
According to your experience, this couldl be the solution, right?
Is there anything in the genre but more flexible?
Yes, the Supra is more flexible than the Meicord, is Cat8 and is also less expensive. I can thoroughly recommend the Supra and as I’ve said before, if you buy it from Futureshop, you get a 60 day money back deal, so if you don’t like it or don’t hear a difference, you can send it back for a refund.
Keep us posted!

And If you try that, try than also a ifi or better an Sbooster liniar Power Supply on your cablemodem , router and switch, wich has a much greater impact on the SQ.

Thks johnny for the advice, i bought 3 ipower from ifi for modem, router, and switch and this provided the biggest change in sq in my system.
Much better than vodka eth cable upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(18-Feb-2018, 07:24)samsoum Wrote:
(13-Feb-2018, 09:31)Johnnydev Wrote:
(13-Feb-2018, 02:04)Axel Wrote: Yes, the Supra is more flexible than the Meicord, is Cat8 and is also less expensive. I can thoroughly recommend the Supra and as I’ve said before, if you buy it from Futureshop, you get a 60 day money back deal, so if you don’t like it or don’t hear a difference, you can send it back for a refund.
Keep us posted!

And If you try that, try than also a ifi or better an Sbooster liniar Power Supply on your cablemodem , router and switch, wich has a much greater impact on the SQ.

Thks johnny for the advice, i bought 3 ipower from ifi for modem, router, and switch and this provided the biggest change in sq in my system.

Yes the SQ improve is much more then with the audioquest vodka

The order for the biggest SQ upgrade with a liniar Power supply is as follows:
First the modem, then the router, then the vodka and at last the switch.

And as a bonus on the sound quality you get also a much better TV picture!

I think everyone should give this a try, and if it’s not working, just send them back.
http://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english...dcbl-cat7/

Apologies if already covered but has anyone had experience or tested this CAT7 with inline isolation?
Focal Sopra No2, 130 Expert Pro with CI upgrade, Melco N1A, TQ Black USB, EWA LS-XXV SC, Atlas Isolated PSU, Ethernet CAT6 via Netgear switch. Melco LAN and Player CAT6.
https://www.amazon.com/Postta-Gigabit-Ne...B01LZKH0Y7
No need to get skanked by audiofoo, these are perfect.
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
(18-Feb-2018, 07:24)samsoum Wrote:
(13-Feb-2018, 09:31)Johnnydev Wrote: AxelYes, the Supra is more flexible than the Meicord, is Cat8 and is also less expensive. I can thoroughly recommend the Supra and as I’ve said before, if you buy it from Futureshop, you get a 60 day money back deal, so if you don’t like it or don’t hear a difference, you can send it back for a refund.
Keep us posted!

Ooooh, i see...
You´re talking about to change the main plug of the router, right?
And the voltage, is supposed to be the same.
How much is reasonnable to spend in each of this ipower?
Team,

I do believe that analog cables can make a difference in sound, but I am still at a loss why a network cable in an asynchronous set up would make the slightest difference.

Indeed when using Air the Devialet reconstructs the audio digital stream from asynchronous TCP/IP packets, so the timing (or jitter) of the packet as they travel over the ethernet cables should have absolutely zero impact on the sound.

Anybody with an explanation?

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1